• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Rabbit hunting

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Woods Dweller

45 Cal.
Reaction score
I was out rabbit hunting with my 12ga Muzzleoading shotgun. My dog love to chase rabbit, and when she would scare one up I would run to the place where she scared it up at.
[rabbit will run in a large circle]

I am sitting on a fallen tree waiting. I can hear my dog darkling and she is starting to get close, I get my shotgun at the ready and out of the thick underbrush pops the rabbit about 20 yards away.

The rabbit starts running straight at me, I take aim and fire! It takes a moment for the smoke to clear, and when it does I can’t see my rabbit. Where did it go? Was it to close when I fired? and I blew it to pieces? did I miss altogether?

I look down and right at my feet is this rabbit, just sitting there. I had missed all together.

Now what? “I’m thinking” it’s to close to shoot. So! I hit it in the head with the barrel of my shotgun. Whatever works!

Back