• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

R.E. Davis triggers & L&R Locks

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jtmattison

70 Cal.
Reaction score
Have any of y'all installed their drop-in triggers or locks on a Lyman GPR?

The Davis Deerslayer triggers are supposed to fit T/C's and "clones" like the Lyman rifles. Same goes for the L&R locks.

I was thinking of customizing my GPR I just built with some new components.

HD

My My just built it and looken to customize it already.......... I think the "muzzleloader builder bug" bit ya real bad :rotf: :rotf:
Me thinks you will be buying another kit real soon, oh ya no cure........ :winking: :winking:

Several years ago I built a flintlock kit it was a Deer Creek Moutain Rifle. I got the kit at a gun show from a guy who had it a while. Came to find out it was basicaly a cva parts kit. Anyway the lock was spanish made and not so sparky. I took a gamble that an L&R RPL lock would fit: close but no cigar. Fotunately the L&R lock plate was bigger and I inleted it in, not the prettiest job but that lock sparks great. Night & Day. Suprisingly the stock i got with the rifle is a nice birds eye maple and the barrel shoots true.

Eelspike

I've put the Davis trigger into a TC renegade. Instructions told how to enlarge (deepen) the inletting, took about 5 min. with nice sharp 3/8 in. wood chisel. The trigger is very nice light and crisp, did not have to touch it at all from the way it was adjusted as shipped. I've already purchased another for one of my other TCs.

I put an L&R RPL on a GPR and it didn't take much work. I like the fit of the pan and frizzen and it sparks very well. I would recommend one.

Hunter66 said:
I put an L&R RPL on a GPR and it didn't take much work. I like the fit of the pan and frizzen and it sparks very well. I would recommend one.

Could you possibly post a photo? I'd like to see how it looks.

Thanks.

HD

Here is a picture. You can see were I removed some wood for the hammer and frizzen to clear. They come in the white so you must blue it or something. I used a baked on flat black finish for mine.
Picture.jpg

Back