• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Using non-TC trigger and lock on a Senaca?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm in process of piecing together a Senaca and have been looking for parts. Spoke with one supplier and they suggested a
Davis Deerslayer trigger and an L&R Replacement lock, they said it would
work but it will take some fitting. The lock plate will have to be cut.
Has anyone used these on a Senaca ? If so how much trouble did you have. Or if you know of a better replacement trigger and lock I would appreciate input.

There would be some inletting to do. But I doubt you’d have to trim the lock plate, the L&R RPL lock should fit your lock inlet, but more wood will need to be removed to clear the mainspring and tumbler. The Davis trigger assembly is a nice one, some wood removal may be necessary there too.

Call Suzi at "The Gun Works" in Oregon, she and Joe bought the T/C inventory years ago to see what she has left.

Whether on the lock itself or the lock inlet, it's gonna take a heap o' work to make that L&R lock to work on a Seneca. As far as triggers go, the Deerslayers are a good suggestion. But just an FYI, Thompson Center used the exact same triggers on all their double-set trigger models. So Hawken or Renegade triggers will work.

Back