• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Proposed NY-VT Border Shoot

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
PM me contact information and I will keep you posted. Looking at April 24.

ADK Bigfoot
Your original post had shoot from 12-5, potentially. Is that still likely? If so I think I would be looking for a nearby hotel recommendation. Looks like around a 3 hr drive for me and I would hope to do a shared commute to help keep costs down

Thanks for all the replies and encouragement.

I am shooting for April 24th, Sunday.. Noon to 5:00 PM.

Interested shooters are asked to PM me with contact information so I can send out emails with details and directions;

ADK Bigfoot

If somebody from NH or wherever East or south of me wants to meet at my place and carpool I’d be in for that. Chester VT area.

SAVE THE DATE!!! We have tentatively booked the Whitehall Fish and Game range for April 24, Sunday, from Noon to 5:00 PM. Details will follow. Please remember to PM me your contact information if you have not already done so. It looks like there is substantial interest in this event.

ADK Bigfoot

Update:

To date, 24 people have expressed interest in this event! Great chance to meet fellow shooters from the area, swap lies, share excuses, trade off something, etc. If you are interested and have not PM'd me your contact information, please do. I will follow up with driving directions and other information. If you have specific questions, feel free to contact me.

ADK Bigfoot

Update:

To date, 24 people have expressed interest in this event! Great chance to meet fellow shooters from the area, swap lies, share excuses, trade off something, etc. If you are interested and have not PM'd me your contact information, please do. I will follow up with driving directions and other information. If you have specific questions, feel free to contact me.

ADK Bigfoot
That’s fantastic, and thank you for putting this together!!

UPDATE: Last Call for Shooters!

The NY_VT Border shoot will be held on Sunday, April 24, 2022 at the Whitehall (NY) Fish and Game Club Range, located at 292 Winters Road, Whitehall, NY (directions below.) We will begin at Noon and be done by 5:00 PM.

Targets will be three NMLRA novelty targets (animals) at 25 yards; NMLRA 100 Yard Bulleseye Target at 50 Yards; and an 8” steel gong at 90 yards. Paper targets for score, steel target is a “single elimination” event; shoot until you miss. All shots are offhand. Round balls only, open sights, flint, percussion, or matchlock. Figure on twenty to thirty shots total.

There are no awards or prizes, this is a get-together fun shoot to meet other shooters and share stories. Fame and glory only. Feel free to bring trading goods.

The range has limited covered areas for loading. We recommend “tailgate loading” and bring a pop-up canopy for shade or drizzle protection. Spring weather is totally unpredictable. There is an outhouse on the grounds, and we will provide a hand washing station and drinking water.

All shooters who are not members of the Whitehall Fish and Game Club Range will be required to execute a Waiver of Liability agreement upon registration. We request a $5 donation to the range (contributions for targets, etc. not expected, but appreciated!)

In order to best prepare for the event, we would appreciate knowing if you are attending. Please respond to [email protected] with either I PLAN TO BE THERE or I HOPE TO BE THERE or I WILL NOT BE THERE and the how many of you are coming. We would appreciate hearing back from you by April 20th. You can reach me (ADK Bigfoot) by phone at 518-796-5226; voice or text.

Directions to the Whitehall Fish and Game Club Range: We are located between Rutland, Vermont and Whitehall, NY. From Route 4, take County Route 21 South. Look for Winters Road on your right. The range is a mile down the road on the left. 292 Winters Road. Enter the gate and someone will assist with parking.

We look forward to meeting all of you and making some smoke!

ADK Bigfoot

Thanks to all of you who have gotten back to me on our shoot on April 24th. We still have room for shooters! Drop me a PM if you can attend.

ADK Bigfoot

Thank you to all who have let me know you are planning to attend next week's shoot. I am looking forward to meeting you all.

Anyone else interested, please drop me a PM so we can know you are coming!

ADK Bigfoot

Last minute update!!

Due to heavy rain and snow early in the week, prepare for wet ground at the range. Mud boots are a good idea!

Looking forward to a great day of burning some powder and getting to know all of you. See you in Whitehall.

Directions to the Whitehall Fish and Game Club Range: We are located between Rutland, Vermont and Whitehall, NY. From Route 4, take County Route 21 South. Look for Winters Road on your right. The range is a mile down the road on the left. 292 Winters Road. Enter the gate and someone will assist with parking.

ADK Bigfoot

Latest posts

Back