• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

powder

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

weasel

40 Cal.
Reaction score
Hello the camp
any body out there that have compared goex to Elephant powder Ihave used goex for upards of thirty two years but can get elephant at almost half the cost any advise?
weasel

That is a good question, I picked up 25lbs of Eleph 24/99 3f a few years back and split is with some friends and every one is happy with it and I have heard many others around cyber space praise it highly....on the other hand I have heard several people so discusted with the same batch that they gave it away, or refused to use it and purchased something else, you may want to try a small amount and if you like it get more out of the same box/bag, it is no longer being made so one may do as well to go with one of the others, from the negative reports I have heard I would hesitate to invest in another 1/2 case of it myself. I suspect a major quality control issue is at the bottom of this phenomenum.

My personal experience from trying both is:
1) The Elephant FFFg I tried was junk, wouldn't even shoot in percussions due to slow ignition, 4.5lbs still sitting in the garage;
2) Goex FFFg is simply outstanding, clean, fast, accurate...all I use;
AND, I buy it by the case, $220 delivered to my door (PA to NC) which is $8.80/lb, from
J&J Pyrotechnique in Moscow, PA

Back