• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Portrait

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iainofulva

36 Cal.
Reaction score
Though I'd add to the pictures.

Below is a shot I took (thank god for timers on cameras) for a project. From left to right: Sgt. Thomas Fuller, my wife Alison and son Nathaniel and me!

DSCF0279.JPG

Nice pic, Jon -
That spot looks for all the world like a bend on one of my favorite trout streams in Michigan (I guess a lot of spots look like that!) :haha:
IM jaybe :thumbsup:

Nice pic! Did you make your frock or buy it? I like the color and would like one just like it someday. :thumbsup:

That is actually Tom's pond behind us. It's maybe 1/4 acre in size and packed with turtles, bullfrogs, newts and monster bass. Gorgeous lot, gorgeous house.

As for my frock.. it is 100% hand-made by me. I think I based it on the pattern from Beth Gilgum's book. And it smells like woodsmoke. :)

I actually make all my garb, except the shoes and socks.

Thanks for the kudos.

Jon M, Is that a canteen hanging on your left hip? What kind is it? Very nice photo. I wish more folks would post pictures of themselves in their gear.

Jon M, Is that a canteen hanging on your left hip? What kind is it? Very nice photo. I wish more folks would post pictures of themselves in their gear.

Thanks, and yes, it's a canteen. I cannot vouch for its authenticity (I was told it's PC), but I took an old bottle, sewed some leather around it, then set it in hot water so the leather would shrink around the bottle. I have a thin strap of leather like a bandolier strap to carry it over my shoulder. It carries just over a quart of liquid.. usually Gatorade. I know Gatorade is NOT PC, but I have a fondness for electrolytes in 110 degree weather. :)

Jon

And how about them wooden clogs the wife is wearing! Pretty cool... did you make those too?

:redthumb:

Excellant picture, Jon. Looks like you are going to be in need of another longrifle in the future. :thumbsup:
Great lookin group.

John,
VERY NICE PIC!!!!!!!!
thanks for sharing!!!!!!!
snake-eyes :applause: :applause: :applause: :peace: :) :thumbsup:

And how about them wooden clogs the wife is wearing! Pretty cool... did you make those too?

Nope... didn't make them.. I don't have near enough patience.

Looks like you are going to be in need of another longrifle in the future.

LOL... Indeed! Actually, my wife is interested in learning to shoot flintlock as well, so she's first. I'm thinking a .40 cal for her, and then a .32 cal for the munchkin once he's walking. The fellow on the left is also a heck of a gunsmith, so I'm planning on picking his brains and building weapons for the whole family. There is just something satisfying about that thought.

Thanks again everyone for your kind words. We really do enjoy the "sport" even though Alison and I have only been involved for a short time.

Jon

Latest posts

Back