• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

pistol stand

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Slake

45 Cal.
Reaction score
I'm looking for input and insight on pistol stands to buy or make to fascillitate loading my Lyman Plains pistol...I've been wingin it in many different ways bemoaning not having three hands while loading

I don't know if this is what you are thinking about, but this is a pretty simple one I just finished. If it is, I will send you some dimensions/info.

PistolStand.jpg

Let me know!
:thumbsup:

Here's a thread on the subject with a link in my post to yet another thread on the subject. There's some nice stands pictured.
Poke here

Reminds me, I need a loading stand. Maybe I'll build one this weekend.

HD

I like your idea of putting the rifle slot on the bottom. It combines a couple of items I carry to the range into one.
:v

If you're going to put the rifle notch in the pistol stand as I did, remember to put a short starter in the pistol or rifle that you are not loading. Otherwise you may load the wrong weapon. I could tell you that I haven't done that but I don't want to lie.

good advice it is..I try to always keep a range rod or ram rod in the muzzle of the rifles I'm not using..if nothing else than just a universal sign that that one is unloaded
I now have a pistol stand like the photo above but I misjudged the height and now have to cut it down so that the muzzle protrudes more

Slake said:
...keep a range rod or ram rod in the muzzle of the rifles I'm not using..if nothing else than just a universal sign that that one is unloaded...

Maybe a sign of the one you're going to work on next, or the one you're going to put away, or something like that, but - they are always loaded.

Back