• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Pillow Ticking

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rustyh

40 Cal.
Reaction score
Trying to find some more of this pillow ticking. I bought several yards many years ago and I am now running low but can't find it anywhere. It is a tight weave featherproof ticking all I can find at the stores is of a looser weave.

SAM_0440.jpg

That particular pattern may be discontinued. But you can probably find the same cloth, either with a plain, or a different pattern.

I suggest you try all the usual fabric stores, JoAnn's, Hancock's, the local cloth store where all the old ladies go, and look for the sime KIND of fabric. Same weave, same thickness, same cotton make-up. Bring some calipers. When you find a candidate, hold it to your lips and see if blowing through it feels the same as blowing through your current cloth. If all else fails, ask for help. Tell them, "I'm looking for this exact same kind of cloth, I don't care what it looks like". If they ask what it's for, just say "Guy stuff".

The last time I bought fabric, I lucked out and got a woman helper who's into cowby shooting, but also knew quite a bit about muzzleloading. :thumbsup:

:redface: "ha ha" it is mighty purty, but it works great if you need a tight patch for target shooting. The only problem with it is I have to wipe between shots.

They stopped making that almost 10 years ago. I
knew a lady manager at Hancock Fabrics and she
called me up and gave me a bolt of it. It's what
I use in my pistols. Very good stuff.

It's not that this ticking is thin it's because it is such a tight weave it doesn't deform or squeeze down as easily as the regular blue and white striped ticking. Both the flowered and blue/white ticking measure 14 thousandths but when shooting a .495 ball and blue/white I can shoot all day without wiping between shots, with the flowered I can get 2 shots off before I have to wipe the barrel because it gets so tight I have to use a mallet just to get the short starter down the barrel.

Latest posts

Back