• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

photos of your jaegers please

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mike garner

40 Cal.
Reaction score
i am new here and new to muzzleloading, i am a woodsman and life long hunter and handloader and bullet caster. i am going to build a jaeger flint, i would love to see photos of your jaegers.

thanks mike

Gorgeous Jaeger!

Mine is just a plain T.W. Pistor reproduction.
GWhiteJaeger_zps3062f5d7.png

Here is one of mine.
BTW, I have a copy of an article that appeared in the American Rifleman in 1971 about Jaegers. Very good article filled with pics and information. I saved digitally and have shared many times. If interested, contact me via PT and I will e-mail to you.

Oops! :redface: Edit, I forgot the pic.
Jaeger1.jpg
[/URL][/img]

Welcome to the forum. The Jaeger is a favorite of mine also. Search for a post on 4/16/12 named Jaeger which has a lot of great pictures of some really great looking rifles.

Don

Beautiful rifle there... I often wonder looking at the Jaeger rifling if it did not inspire the Whitworths? Even though the are much more pronounced that the Jeager I see many similarities in them. The Jaeger sure changed the face of things here in the America's.

man that's nice, i just ordered the wood from TOW no. 3 i will order the rest in a couple of weeks. what grade wood is yours and what finish did you use?

Old Ford said:
Question: Did Jaeger rifles have steel or wood ramrods?
Fred

Jaegers were, and still are, around for a long time. Made in several countries they were made in different configurations for different purposes. So, yes to both. Military models (usually) had steel rods. Most others, wood.

This rifle is well built.and shoots like a dream....
Consider this TOTW kit! :thumbsup:
Just something about a short barrel big bore that's appealing!

20130308FullRightSide_zps4f5f7d89.jpg

Here's a repost from a few years ago:

Here is mine:
jaeger.jpg

jaeger2.jpg

jaeger3.jpg

This was the last gun my Dad made. He called it the 'Family Rifle'. The cheekpiece is our family crest. The edelweiss on the butt is a brooch from my Mother's side of the family.

This one is a keeper.

Latest posts

Back