• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Pedersoli single shot pistol trigger quality?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

You Pedersoli single shot pistol owners out there. How good is the trigger quality. Is it adjustable?

If you own the Traditions Kentucky .50 cal single shot Pistol how would you rate the quality of the pistol. What about the single set trigger on it?
I have a Trad. Trapper with double set triggers and they are superb.
thanks

ladOregon said:
You Pedersoli single shot pistol owners out there. How good is the trigger quality. Is it adjustable?

Are you asking about the trigger on a Kentucky? If so, it need's work for line shooting, there is no adjustment via a set screw. Unless you know how to work on the trigger, which I do not, it needs some TLC.

If you want it to go off and do not care about extreme accuracy, it's okay for hunting and close plinking or so.

Charles Moore, excellent single set trigger with nice adustment.

In summation, the more you spend, the better the trigger.

RDE

Yes the Kentucky. Petroseli should put a good trigger on it for the price they are asking. In fact I think all manufacturers should put a good trigger on their guns if they do nothing else. Looking for tack driver hunting accuracy and so want a trigger that responds well.

the one on my kentucky pistol isnt to bad. its slightly heavy and a bit creepy but overall definetly not the worst ive ever seen.

Adjustable with a file. I took the sear spring down on mine to lighten up the trigger. Try tapering the spring by reducing the width. What you do around the bend in the spring will have the greatest effect.

I had tried making a new trigger plate to move the pivot farther back and change the leverage, but I wasn't happy with the result. I moved it back about 5/16 but I think 3/16 would have been better.

I have a Pedersoli Kentucky. The trigger was very heavy and resisted all efforts to improve. As the lock was equiped with a fly in the tumbler, I just ordered a single set trigger to install. had to do a little inletting, but was still able to use the original trigger guard. Works great.
Jon D

As far as I know the Kentucky does not have a single set trigger. It has a straight pull trigger. I have two CVA Kentuckys that are the same as the Traditions model. The trigger engagement can be adjusted by a screw on the tumbler. You can adjust them to a decent pull.

Years ago I put a Pedersoli single set trigger into a Kentucky flinter. It required putting a deluxe lock on it so it would have a fly in the tumbler.

thanks to all
sure helps a man make a choice with all the input and fixes.
Triggers are so important. Manufacturers should just make them bomb proof and totally adjustable and call it good.

I have the Traditions Kentucky and as stated it has a single pull trigger with a sear adjusting screw. This can lighten up the pull but will give more creep. I rate the quality at slightly below Pedersoli but the barrel and lock (percussion) are very good quality, mine is very accurate and has very nice pronounced grain. The front nose piece is kinda clunky looking and in my opinion is the only defecit.

I have one shoots real nice. I'm shooting 15 grains of FFFg a cast .490 ball and a .010 patch lube with olive oil or moose milk. shoots spot on if I do my part. took a few red ribbens with it. guy who beat me shoots a trapper.

Latest posts

Back