• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Pedersoli Scout .32 cal Accuracy Help

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That would eliminate a loose wedge n barrel bouncing on every shot.
Yea I literally went thru everything with a fine tooth comb multiple times. I came to the conclusion there must be an issue with the inlay. Just recieved the wheelers bedrock bedding kit. Going to try that then if problems persist then I'll just hang it on the wall for decor. It's just very discouraged because I bought this a few years ago and have yet to take it hunting.

There is nothing worse than putting funds into a rifle n never can get it to work right. I stopped buying any production rifles last year after my bad experience with a Pedersorry. Have learned my lesson. It does not take but once for that to happen at the price paid to cure you on them.

Just finished bedding the tang and breech. Prob be a couple days before I can get back to it.

Well range update, first glass bedding went really well. Looks nice and really locked the breech and tang in tight. A beautiful fit if I do say so myself. Anyway onto the range report, you may be wondering were my targets are. Well I didn't post any because it shot EXACTLY the same. Tried 10-50 grains of Swiss. Bedding didn't change a thing. So this endeavor was just a big waste of money and time. I think Pedersoli for me is off the table in the future. This one will be retired or sold to whoever wants it. May just use it as decor. Very discusted and discouraged once again. I'm done with this rifle, ain't touching it again.

Well range update, first glass bedding went really well. Looks nice and really locked the breech and tang in tight. A beautiful fit if I do say so myself. Anyway onto the range report, you may be wondering were my targets are. Well I didn't post any because it shot EXACTLY the same. Tried 10-50 grains of Swiss. Bedding didn't change a thing. So this endeavor was just a big waste of money and time. I think Pedersoli for me is off the table in the future. This one will be retired or sold to whoever wants it. May just use it as decor. Very discusted and discouraged once again. I'm done with this rifle, ain't touching it again.
Whoa, whoa, hold on!

What diameter is the ball and what is the ACTUAL patch thickness? Not guessing, but actual! Not to mention lube!

I am using a .310 ball and .010 patch. I did find some .50 cal pillow ticking patches I will try. I’ll just cut off the excess after starting the ball. The lube appears to be old on thoes so I’ll try adding some bore butter to the patches. Hopefully it helps, I’ll try again tomorrow.
"lube appears to be OLD". That may be your trouble. The smaller the bore, the trickery the recipe.

"lube appears to be OLD". That may be your trouble. The smaller the bore, the trickery the recipe.
No that was an old loading I tried. Now I am using a Cast round balls that measure at .310-..311 I believe plus they are weight sorted. Don't have my mic handy and it's been awhile. Patching is .015 compressed I believe and using a variation of moose snot cut at the muzzle. Among the many others I tried. I tried everything. I can't even remember them all. Thin patches, thick patches, swaged balls, cast balls, different types of lube, goex 2 and 3, Swiss 3. Every loading technique and swabing sequence I can think of. Triple checked everything on the gun plus bedded the breech, tang. Inspected the bore with a borescope. Inspected the crown too. Would of recrowned it but I moved and my lathe Is down at the moment. Checked bore for tight spots or any abnormality, everything looks ok. I took a lot of foks suggestions and tried them to no avail. Always shoots EXACTLY the same, no consistency whatsoever. Powder charges were 10-50 grains. Occasionally I'll get a few touching with random fliers all over the place. Its not me, been shooting and reloading along time. Plus iam a certified gunsmith if that means anything. I tried everything, been working at this gun for almost 3 years now.

I am sure its in the barrel boring on lands n grooves. Equals a nasty smelly rotted LEMON ! I feel sorry it happen to you. You can take note your not the only one that has happened to from that Company.

I am sure its in the barrel boring on lands n grooves. Equals a nasty smelly rotted LEMON ! I feel sorry it happen to you. You can take note your not the only one that has happened to from that Company.
Yea, and I will for sure remember it too.

Latest posts

Back