• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Pedersoli Mortimer 12 Gauge

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I shot a capper for some years. I gave it to a good friend as a gift. He is worth it.

I fitted a rear sight and it shot a .690ball real good and was very good with 1oz of shot on pheasants and rabbits.

It had a really good trigger from the get go.

It was a heads up type when wing shooting.

It had/has a nice piece of walnut too.

If he ever offered it back, I would snap his hand off :haha:

B.

My old hunting partner had one and it was a very nice accurate rifle/good patterning shotgun in flint. He had both barrels. He did have a problem with breaking main springs on the lock however.

At the time we were doing two shoots a month at various clubs and the Mortimer got a lot of use.

He finally got a Bess Carbine because it was not so prone to parts issues.

Bought a used one..flint 12 ga. it came jug choked.....
Its a heads up stock design...
Shoulder one before you buy!
reliable fun...my barrel is standing in the corner at Ed Rayles shop waiting to get replicated out to 44"

Here's my first flintlock goose shot over decoys ..Man I was proud...This was on my bucket list!

shot fine benched.. during patterning..found out it shot 1 foot low in the marsh at 30-35 yards...
made a raised rear ramp to bring poi up during the hunt..
it was the mother of invention thing :youcrazy:
IMG_0263.jpg

Have shot other geese and ducks,turkeys and other small game with it...

They run high in the comb for fit.
Good solid gun if it fits.YMMV...dan

Poor flnt ignition due to a small diameter powder chamber in the patent breech that fouled easily. Relatively easy fix. I wasn't happy with the pattern with the cylinder bore so I had it jug choked full, with excellent results. I agree, it's a heads up stock. You have to practice alot for wing shooting. I don't shoot it enough. Down the road, I'm going to have a rifled 30" .58 cal. full octagon barrel made for it.

Duane

Back