• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Pedersoli Kentucky .50 Thoughts ?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

X Ring

36 Cl.
Reaction score
Let me know your thoughts on this new
Ped Kentucky, very nice fitting, finish you would expect.
A little “ beefy” , heavy to me compared to the other Kentucky’s I have.

Send me your thoughts opinions
Don’t forget the class this is in…

Attachments

• 14BA273B-B898-4CFB-940C-36767AD6D1AF.png
    14BA273B-B898-4CFB-940C-36767AD6D1AF.png
    2.9 MB · Views: 6
I have a Pedersoli Kentucky in .50cal with both the flint lock and percussion lock. Though a nicely made rifle and straight shooter it is defiantly my most disliked Muzzleloading rifle due to the heavy trigger and rather poor preforming lock.
I would not buy another single trigger only, though would if it had the double set trigger system. If with double set trigger I would seriously consider the Kentucky (after some lock work) the Scout and the Pennsylvania.

I'd never buy another Pedersoli firearm either.

One and done.

They cost a good 35% more than they're worth and the quality control is non-existent.
Thank you 64Springer for your input, I do not know the background on Pedersoli made guns.
Is the 35% increase in pricing just from the namesake ?

Would it be taboo to ask of approximately value here on the forum ?

I agree with @NorthFork on the Pennsylvania rifle or Scout. I've owned a Pedersoli Pennsylvania in .50 for many years and I like it. Now it's on the heavy side, or should I say not as well balanced, but it's a good shooter. And I did do a fair amount of lock tuning, including lightening the mainspring, and polishing the trigger group to get it where I liked it. I cannot vouch for current production Pedersolis.

Thank you 64Springer for your input, I do not know the background on Pedersoli made guns.
Is the 35% increase in pricing just from the namesake ?

Would it be taboo to ask of approximately value here on the forum ?
In my opinion, Pedersoli guns are gorgeous, but not worth the price.

I think Pedersoli found a niche selling pretty guns while cutting back on the quality.

My feeling is that Pedersoli has too many irons in the fire, too many offerings, to really focus on a few top-notch firearms. This where Kibler shines. Make a handful of firearms and make them the best they can be.

Others will disagree. And that's OK.

PS: The 63/66 Charleville I bought 10 or so years ago was a mess. Both visually and mechanically. The walnut stock was barely walnut on the lock side and sap/white wood on the other side. And the lock/ignition time was slower than molasses in an ice storm. Learned my lesson.

Your milage may vary. I hope you get a good one.

Last edited:
I have a Pedersoli Kentucky in .50cal with both the flint lock and percussion lock. Though a nicely made rifle and straight shooter it is defiantly my most disliked Muzzleloading rifle due to the heavy trigger and rather poor preforming lock.
I would not buy another single trigger only, though would if it had the double set trigger system. If with double set trigger I would seriously consider the Kentucky (after some lock work) the Scout and the Pennsylvania.
Thank you for your input Tasbsy,
I decided to get this kentucky Pederdoli from a buddy who was getting out of the BP sport.
Upon closer inspection, it looks to be somewhat vanilla in parts / construction.. The lock itself appears to be almost identical as the larger CVA or Traditions cookie cutter patterns.
To my eye it looks to be a rather sturdy setup, I would not be afraid to tag it for a decent dependable hunting gun, depending on the accuracy. I personally like the set triggers like everyone, but quite honestly have mastered the heavy pull ( when needed). If I were to field this for a season, I would not be afraid of the accidental dropping or abuse that a carry hunting firearm would encounter, and still continue to use it.

lol, a good controversial conversation is good for the soul, it allows the tool shed to open right up.
If one reads the post correctly, it is asking for an opinion on a SINGLE Pedersoli item.
The thread does not read
“ give me your thoughts on ALL Pedersoli’s”
It will die out eventually.. but TY to all

lol, a good controversial conversation is good for the soul, it allows the tool shed to open right up.
If one reads the post correctly, it is asking for an opinion on a SINGLE Pedersoli item.
The thread does not read
“ give me your thoughts on ALL Pedersoli’s”
It will die out eventually.. but TY to all
What folks are trying to say is all Pedersoli products could be hit or miss.

The SINGLE firearm model you're looking at and the one you purchase could be fantastic or it could be a lemon.

There is no one model with a 100% success rate.

I'm out.

The SINGLE firearm model you're looking at and the one you purchase could be fantastic or it could be a lemon.

I'm out.
Yes, definitely get it… however it is good to get a lot of input good or bad , in between, completely off beat , what I do or do not want to hear… Its all good, and I thank every input ! I would guess it would go with just about every
“ what do you think”. Not trying to start a range war in any standing, so please look for my white flag !
Just as in life many lemons show up, I like the ole adage “ make lemonade out of lemons” or is that how it goes ?
Again TY for ALL the input.
Hmm..
Should I buy a Camaro or a Mustang ??
Let it roll ..

Please !! it was only a comparative analogy !!

Let me know your thoughts on this new
Ped Kentucky, very nice fitting, finish you would expect.
A little “ beefy” , heavy to me compared to the other Kentucky’s I have.

Send me your thoughts opinions
Don’t forget the class this is in…
Got myself in hotwater on this one
Lol
I will just have to eat my popcorn and observe..
I’m out…

I currently own this gun in .45 cal. The lock had to be tuned to fire and not eat flints. The trigger pull is horrible and had to be tuned. After that it is a pretty good shooter. Mine was from a kit so I was able to shave off all the extra wood for a cleaner look. couldn't do much about the roman nose comb.

I'm out.
I agree even though I generally like Pedersoli products, they can be VERY hit or miss. It's almost like there is main 'good' factory, then a smaller 'substandard' supplier.

Latest posts

Back