• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

WITHDRAWN Pedersoli Frontier Flintlock Lock

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thomas.bill92

40 Cal
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I have an older Pedersoli Frontier that is currently set up for percussion and I'd like to switch it over to flint. I was wondering if anyone might have a flintlock lock (and possibly a liner) that I could drop in? I would prefer Pedersoli so that I wouldn't have to do much fitting in case I want to switch back and forth.

I think I have one … but can you post a good picture of your percussion lock with some measurements?

I hope these are sufficient! Thanks for the quick response. I hope that if you do have one, it's one of Pedersolis better offerings. I just read some posts where people have some hit or miss luck with pedersoli locks! 🤞🏻
20220326_193100.jpg
20220326_193034.jpg
20220326_192806.jpg

Attachments

• 20220326_192900.jpg
    20220326_192900.jpg
    283.1 KB · Views: 7
  • 20220326_192841.jpg
    20220326_192841.jpg
    248.3 KB · Views: 6
The flintlock is a horrendious flint eater on these guns. Spark, yes, but maybe 15-20 shots a flint. I have the lock but on a different lockplate from a salvage build. You could easily cut the plate to size and case harden it.
A word of warning: Your patent breech on this rifle is not built for flint. Nothing but unavoidable trouble. There is a reason not many Europeans shoot flintlocks. And the reason is lousy locks and tight patent breeches.

The flintlock is a horrendious flint eater on these guns. Spark, yes, but maybe 15-20 shots a flint. I have the lock but on a different lockplate from a salvage build. You could easily cut the plate to size and case harden it.
A word of warning: Your patent breech on this rifle is not built for flint. Nothing but unavoidable trouble. There is a reason not many Europeans shoot flintlocks. And the reason is lousy locks and tight patent breeches.
Yeah, I have ran a borescope down mine before, not a huge fan of the breech design. Maybe I'm better just finding an aftermarket lock or savin' my beans for a dedicated flinter... I guess I'll see if the previous poster has a lock and if it's a good deal, might see about modifying the breech at some point.

I had an issue with the Frontier lock, there was a gap between the frizzen and pan when closed that caused powder to dump out. I replaced it with an L&R and have been happy with it. The L&R lock probably doubled the value of the whole rifle <grin>

Back