• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Pedersoli Availability?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hear buy a kibler and I want a Jaeger. Is kibler making Jaegers now?
No. Being stuck on a style despite the actual gun being expensive junk makes no sense.

The Kibler Woodsruner is about a fine hunting flintlock as you will find anywhere at any price. It is also a close representation of an actual historical rifle. The assembly methods are historically correct. The quality is flawless.

I have owned a Pedersoli long rifle style thing. It was given to me. I would not have paid money for it. It was not made well. The styling was very wrong. The assembly methods were wrong. The lock did not work well. The breech plug was designed by a lawyer and causes constant misfires. Other than that it was a fine rifle.

Last edited:
I think with the current world economical situation, that the Pedersolis, and quite possible the other European made muzzle loaders are going to sky rocket in price when the next shipment arrives.
This situation might make a chance for a U.S. A. manufacturer to start making them here.
May be Kibler Can expand his line more, say with a Trade Gun, and A Bess type gun.

Dave

I’ve handled a few Pedersoli Jaegers, and while probably not a fair comparison, but compared to original Jaegers the Pedersoli feels like a club. If you can find a well built contemporary Jaeger I believe you will be much happier with it than with the Pedersoli. It amazed me how eloquent or dainty for lack of a better description, the originals were with their large bore (58-65 caliber), short swamped barrel (25-30”) and LOP of 13” or less. Unfortunately, many builders today, Pedersoli included, make their ‘Jaegers’ real heavyweights in my opinion. Maybe best description of contemporary so called Jaegers I have handled or seen is an overweight full stock Hawken needing a diet. Extra stock wood. Extra barrel steel.
I own an original late 18th Century plain Jaeger rifle of .63 caliber and I did own a Pedersoli Jaeger. There was a completely different feel to them.

I own a PEDERSOLI .54 cal. "MORTIMER"(about 15 yr. old ) Use for Rondies & DeerNever a proplem. I also own a Pedersoli 12ga. bp rifle.jpg

Attachments

• pedersoli-mortimer-12g-flintlock-shotgun-rifle.jpeg
    pedersoli-mortimer-12g-flintlock-shotgun-rifle.jpeg
    63.8 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Latest posts

Back