• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Pedersoli Availability?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Adam in WI

Flash in the pan
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
I'm looking at options for another flintlock, and I was looking at some of Pedersoli's offerings as a fall-back. However, when I search for a particular model I usually find any website that lists that model is typically out of stock or unavailable. Do they just do periodic runs of certain models, or is there somewhere you can backorder one and have it in a reasonable amount of time?

I'm looking at options for another flintlock, and I was looking at some of Pedersoli's offerings as a fall-back. However, when I search for a particular model I usually find any website that lists that model is typically out of stock or unavailable. Do they just do periodic runs of certain models, or is there somewhere you can backorder one and have it in a reasonable amount of time?
Have you tried Dixie? They are normally more expensive but they keep them in stock.

For just a bit more get Kibler. There's another post today about pee-poor quality from these guys lately. Kibler will make you happy and he stands behind his product. Just my opinion I would not buy 1/3 the gun for over half the price. May as well get a Traditions and put an L&R lock in it. Then you'll have a working (probably pretty accurate) flintlock that' still a Traditions. BTW I love traditions in percussion. They are a great product for what they are. Pedersoli has become overpriced and vendors these days do NOT TAKE RETURNS. The guy in today's post put out $1700.00 for a pistol that would not work (lock/trigger issues) and had to send it off to a "Pedersoli" gunsmith. "Oh cool I got my new gun" OH POO I cant shoot it for another 4-6 weeks while it's in the "reliable" hands of the USPS.

I count 27 in stock at DGW. Maybe OP needs to redefine exactly what he wants and settles for something close. Pedersolis out of stock can take a long, long time to come back in stock.

For just a bit more get Kibler. There's another post today about pee-poor quality from these guys lately. Kibler will make you happy and he stands behind his product. Just my opinion I would not buy 1/3 the gun for over half the price. May as well get a Traditions and put an L&R lock in it. Then you'll have a working (probably pretty accurate) flintlock that' still a Traditions. BTW I love traditions in percussion. They are a great product for what they are. Pedersoli has become overpriced and vendors these days do NOT TAKE RETURNS. The guy in today's post put out $1700.00 for a pistol that would not work (lock/trigger issues) and had to send it off to a "Pedersoli" gunsmith. "Oh cool I got my new gun" OH POO I cant shoot it for another 4-6 weeks while it's in the "reliable" hands of the USPS.
The Traditions barrels are damn good. I have a St. Louis Hawken kit that I threw together many years ago and man that thing drives tacks. I can't shoot my supposedly higher quality GPR any better and the Trad fits me better. It's lighter, as well.

I almost edited my last post because I didn’t want it to sound like there aren’t any options other than a Kibler. I own 2 Pedersolis and a Traditions. If your talking percussion, there’s no better bang for the buck than a Traditions or Investarms. But for a dependable flintlock the current production options don’t quite measure up to Kibler’s quality.

My CVA HAWKIN is my best shooter but my st Louis is very accurate. that's why I suggested an L&R lock and mentioned likely having a reliable accurate" rifle. With the lock you'd have a bit more money in it than I would pump into a Traditions though. I have a CVA HAWKIN flint that may be worth it though. Only shot once so far but at 25 yd I couldn't tell it was three balls.... Looked like one shot. One miss fire but I didn't get into angle, bevel direction and stuff so I gotta do some more work at the range. If as accurate as the cap lock I would do the L&R.

Is kibler making Jaegers now?
No. Maybe a little explanation is needed. I have a GPR flint .54. Next I'd like a nicer full stock flint rifle. I'm not a purist or a historical wizard. So to my untrained eye, Pedersoli's Jaeger and Kibler's Colonial bear some resemblance. Given only a few hundred dollars difference it would seem to be an easy choice. The hard part would be resisting the temptation to add carving and upgraded wood. Things could get carried away quickly.

Specifically, it was the Jaeger. I'm not big on settling anymore.
I’ve handled a few Pedersoli Jaegers, and while probably not a fair comparison, but compared to original Jaegers the Pedersoli feels like a club. If you can find a well built contemporary Jaeger I believe you will be much happier with it than with the Pedersoli. It amazed me how eloquent or dainty for lack of a better description, the originals were with their large bore (58-65 caliber), short swamped barrel (25-30”) and LOP of 13” or less. Unfortunately, many builders today, Pedersoli included, make their ‘Jaegers’ real heavyweights in my opinion. Maybe best description of contemporary so called Jaegers I have handled or seen is an overweight full stock Hawken needing a diet. Extra stock wood. Extra barrel steel.

Are you in a hurry to get a rifle?

If not, driving down to Southern Illinois could give you something to do over a long holiday weekend, you could go to Fort De Chartres and see the oldest building in Illinois, visit the Pierre Menard home and use those excuses to go by Dixie Gun Works.

At Dixie you will be able to handle many of the Pedersoli products which will most likely give you the incentive to buy a Kibler 😂 :ThankYou:

I have what I consider to be an "American Jaeger" as it is somewhat a cross between a Jaeger and English musket. This cross to me is very "American" but thats the feel I get. The .62 caliber 28 inch swamped barrel makes for a very nice feel, not club like at all. Something someone would carry into the frontier. I would love to see something comparable on the market but then I would lose the uniqueness so maybe not . . .

Latest posts

Back