• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Pedersoli Availability?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I own several Pedersoli products (maybe a couple more than my wife is aware of) with a Jaeger being one of them. It's what I use to deer hunt during shotgun and primitive seasons. I use Taylor's as a supplier, nice people and a preferred dealer for Pedersoli. I do not own a Kibler at this time but that could change before to long.

Just my humble opinion but when you are torn between a product that has questionable quality at times, not made in the US, sometimes terrible customer service and not good parts availability why deal with that when you can get a Kibler which without a doubt is a quality product, made in the US, fantastic customer service and parts availability I say it's a no brainer. Good luck.

I'm looking at options for another flintlock, and I was looking at some of Pedersoli's offerings as a fall-back. However, when I search for a particular model I usually find any website that lists that model is typically out of stock or unavailable. Do they just do periodic runs of certain models, or is there somewhere you can backorder one and have it in a reasonable amount of time?

I'm looking at options for another flintlock, and I was looking at some of Pedersoli's offerings as a fall-back. However, when I search for a particular model I usually find any website that lists that model is typically out of stock or unavailable. Do they just do periodic runs of certain models, or is there somewhere you can backorder one and have it in a reasonable amount of time?
https://www.italianfirearmsgroup.com/
This company is the USA rep for Pedesoli. You can back order from them and also get the inside scoop on production runs.

I got a double 72 caliber with factory fit 10 gauge barrels through them. Pedersoli was doing a special run for a gun show and I got in on it because of ITG.

Have you tried Dixie? They are normally more expensive but they keep them in stock.
Dixie is now closed on Saturdays, which should tell you something. That's a perfect day for tourists or guys shopping for such stuff, yet they're closed. There's a whole lot of stuff going on, from the covid shut-down til now, relative to almost everything. Good luck, wait it out, you'll find your gem eventually!

OK, don't buy a Kibler

Get a mass produced import from Pedersoli that has all kinds of architectural issues, have a less than stellar reputation on this forum for reliability and checking out Midway and Dixie will actually cost you more.....

OK, don't buy a Kibler

Get a mass produced import from Pedersoli that has all kinds of architectural issues, have a less than stellar reputation on this forum for reliability and checking out Midway and Dixie will actually cost you more.....
It's a joke how the answer to everything is "buy a kibler" thinking back I probably should have said matchlock instead of Spanish.

For all those wondering. I did email Pedersoli about availability. They were nice enough to refer me to IFG and stated that there would be some on January's shipment to the states. IFG reached out to me with a quote for the target model Jaeger (checkering and aperture sight)....

Sitting down?

$1950.00 plus tax and shipping.

I think I'll pass. I asked about the hunter model without the frills, but I'd be shocked if it was more than $500 cheaper.

"Buy a Kibler" is sounding better and better. Hopefully it's something I can make happen within the next month or so.

For that you can get an in the white Kibler and stain to your liking. But as per above, don't buy a Kibler. Get the Traditions and put an L&R lock in it an away you go. None of us know what were talking about and we just watch the mailbox for our royalty checks from the Kibler outfit.

Ya, Dont buy a Kibler.

"Buy a Kibler" is sounding better and better. Hopefully it's something I can make happen within the next month or so.
Actually, that advice you're getting is pretty sound advice if your goal is to have a high-quality good-shooting muzzle-loading flintlock. If your goal is to have an authentic replica of a specific make and model of historical firearm, then it's not. But you'll end up spending a whole lot more for something of high quality but sketchy functionality and maybe or maybe not true to historical make and model authenticity.

When I was looking for a Jaeger, I put a search and saved it on Gunbroker, it didn't take very long for listings to show up. I found the original German one, which I bought to restore. There were several Pedresoli's listed but I didn't want to spend that much. Very happy with the one I bought.

Buy a Kibler is apparently the stock answer to any question posted. Seriously though, in every thread about another brand, several folks here will still say it.
Great stuff, but not the answer to everything. It’s the “hey fellers, ah’m a member of the cult club too”. I’ve got a couple. Good guns. Not perfect. Perfect costs money.

Looking at the original post the gent was talking about buying a rifle not building one. There is no question about Kibler's quality but can you buy one already made for the price of a Pedersoli? Not everyone has the time, skill or desire to build one.

Looking at the original post the gent was talking about buying a rifle not building one. There is no question about Kibler's quality but can you buy one already made for the price of a Pedersoli? Not everyone has the time, skill or desire to build one.
There was a Woodsrunner just sold on this forum for $1,500.00 and there is a SMR listed for $1,400.00

So yes, you can buy one for the price of a Pedersoli.

Latest posts

Back