• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Pecatonica Fusil First Build

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I haven’t built a gun yet, but I mess around with a lot of small leather projects, handle a couple knife blanks, rehaft axes, etc. One big thing is set the project down when you’re mad, then come back in a couple days. It doesn’t look nearly as bad once you burn some of the negativity off.

One of the most important things when carving wood is to get your chisels as they say "scary sharp". When you shave the hair on your arm it should be sharp enough. As an example to sharpen my straight razor it takes 25 strokes on each side of the blade, with my tri hone stone that is 150 strokes, and then stropping on the leather and cloth belt.

God bless all 3 of you. Praying for health all the way around.
The rifle will get a brief hiatus. I did get some shed hunting in. Thanks fellas God Bless

Attachments

• 4BC8DB36-E46C-4696-98F9-0C88EB01A97A.jpeg
    4BC8DB36-E46C-4696-98F9-0C88EB01A97A.jpeg
    3.8 MB · Views: 0
  • BB1F5F6A-4F49-46A9-BF90-A55D7EB8FB3A.jpeg
    BB1F5F6A-4F49-46A9-BF90-A55D7EB8FB3A.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
Poor thing is still going to work today and tomorrow(teacher), was telling her how funny it would be for a band of brass instruments to follow her making sound effects as she constantly tripped and bumped into things 🤡

066DF5C6-6524-4782-B61C-82F01B8DF3AA.jpeg

When the breech and the barrel are back against the wood with no gaps , the barrel is down in the channel , flush with the wood at the breech and half way at the Muzzle , you are done bedding the barrel .....I hope you are doing well on the project . it ain't easy !

Back