• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

PayPal anti gun?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just read an article that said PayPal used to have 90% of the online payment market and since they have gotten political they are down to only 60% and their stock price is down 20%. This is what happens when like minded individuals get fed up and decide to make a stance.
The article also said a lot of their trouble started when they closed the account t of a guy who sold old pallets painted like American flags.

I'm not trying to argue but how can a company like PayPal fine anybody for anything? Just curious, please educate me.
When you set up your PP account, you give them access to withdraw from your credit card account. There might be some clause in their updated Terms Of Service that allows them to take money from your CC for some alleged violations of their TOS. Continuing to use PP gives implied consent to their TOS. Good reason to dump PP even though I think they backed down on their idea of assessing "fines".

I bought a holster last night for an S&W semi-auto. Paid by credit card. No problems. Why don't you like Ebay?
ebay has been allowing a fraud conspiracy to operate on its platform.
There is a parcel "tracking service" that calls itself 'Aqualine' that has been operating on ebay for about the past year. Aqualine enters fraudulent tracking and delivery information into ebay's system even though a seller who knowingly uses Aqualine has not shipped the item. The way to tell that this tracking info is a fraud is that they report impossibly short transit times from the claimed shipment to the claimed delivery. When you complain to the seller, they give you the song and dance about "check with your neighbor" etc. When you open a case with ebay, they say that the seller has provided tracking info and close the case saying that they will not provide a refund. You cannot tell that a seller is going to use "Aqualine" before you place your order, and many buyers do not yet know about this fraud operation. ebay sellers have no recourse, but buyers who do not sell can go to their bank, file a non-delivery complaint and police affidavit, and request a charge-back on their credit card transaction.

When you set up your PP account, you give them access to withdraw from your credit card account.
1707669395363.jpeg

IMG_2504.gif

Unless I know you personally PP isn't an option. To many scammers,antis that will protest the sale.
Same reason I don't take CC anymore.
AND some dolt , even after being told not to; just has to put in the PP purchase item line it's for a restricted item.

IMHO PP knows everything but turn a blind eye as long as they profit. Their anti gun stance is just a ploy to appease the weak minded and give them grounds to seize funds. I have little doubt they profit on any interest accrued on such funds while held. Reporting sales for tax purposes seems the only real threat and this is why many small sellers now avoid them and all other forms of electronic payment .

How would they collect that pray tell.
I’ve bought numerous gun, gun related transactions thru them. I don’t however use their credit system nor keep funds in any of their accounts. They are simply an internet link for purchases made against my debit or credit cards. Convenient for me, so screw their politics.
This is one of those “ frequent threads”.
Ask a collection agency?

Sorry one last point. I get a kick out of buyers who actually get indignant, annoyed and even verbally abusive about legit sellers refusing all forms of electronic payments. This made worse when they have won an item whose terms of sale state payment by MO's or certified funds. Adding to the fun, some banks are now not only refusing personal checks for errors like illegible writing, amount discrepancy's, date errors an such, BUT actually charging depositors fees for refusing them. Go figure.

Last edited:
Ask a collection agency?

Sorry one last point. I get a kick out of buyers who actually get indignant, annoyed and even verbally abusive about legit sellers refusing all forms of electronic payments. This made worse when they have won an item whose terms of sale state payment by MO's or certified funds. Adding to the fun, some banks are now not only refusing personal checks for errors like illegible writing, amount discrepancy's, date errors an such, BUT actually charging depositors fees for refusing them. Go figure.
I doubt a collection agency could collect what amounts to a fine against a private citizen without a court intervention of some sort.
I could be wrong of course, I frequently am, just ask my bride of 60 years!!😁

Things may have have changed recently. We had a rental in which a residual damage for less than $100 was owed. Our manager was actually solicited by several agencies and went ahead out of curiosity to see what would happen. In 2 months he called to say we had a 80% return but the renters got nailed for 200%+ and a serious credit ding that might last forever. I understand some of the big auction site do same thing for NPB's and such. I think much of it has to do with information mining.

Back