• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

PayPal anti gun?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I sold a bp pistol to a feller many years ago, and he or someone else reported the transaction. They froze my funds and blocked my account.
I cannot for the life of me understand why any freedom loving organization, would utilize their payment services. I wanted to join the CLA, and
yup even they are using it.

PP has been anti gun from day one. So beware, i have used it in times in the past for transactions on places like gunboards (where i have been for 10+years) where i know the person i am dealing with and did it convenience since at that time limited options.
I have since not used it in years since there is other methods of payment that can be conducted.

If used never mention that its for a firearm in the reason / order comments, and only deal with someone you can trust as there is no seller or buyer protection.

However I should mention most of the time I have used USPS Money Order (even back then). Thats backed by the federal government so as long as you are not doing anything out right illegal (using it to buy drugs for example) you are protected, unlike private sector social justice Paypal.

Last edited:
...If used never mention that its for a firearm in the reason / order comments, and only deal with someone you can trust as there is no seller or buyer protection.

Yep, use common sense and no mentions of anything firearm related. I milk their system successfully all the time like a good little Manchurian candidate.

But, I disagree with you about their lack of buyer protection. As much as I detest them, they have a pretty good dispute resolution system that I have used successfully: link

Yep, use common sense and no mentions of anything firearm related. I milk their system successfully all the time like a good little Manchurian candidate.

But, I disagree with out about their lack of buyer protection. As much as I detest them, they have a pretty good dispute resolution system that I have used successfully: link

When i say lack of buyer/seller protection I am speaking on firearm sells. Since you are already breaking thier terms of service you have no recourse.

There are dozens of posts about this.
Yes, I have had it happen. And I know several other whom have had their accounts closed. Often with no explanation, and PayPal holds any money you have in your account for at least 90 days,,,,, and won't answer questions.
I've even seen instances where people had there accounts at least temporarily disabled because someone they did business with allegedly violated the firearms part of the "terms of service agreement." Example: person A sells person B a magazine base plate for a pistol using PayPal for the transaction. Person B sells person C some baseball cards also using PayPal. Meanwhile person A sells person D an antique glass plate, using PayPal....
PayPal finds out about the magazine baseplate transaction and shuts down all 4 people's accounts, at least "temporarily."

In my case, no firearms anything was involved. I had had issues with them before and tried to use them one more time. I transfered money to a new PayPal account, I used some to buy some Bitcoin as a way to have some of my crypto holdings in various places and I thought it would be easier to cash in and get my money when I wanted to. I forget what other transactions I made. Very quickly I was informed my account was "temporarily locked" and my funds would be held for 90 days pending review..... No other explanation was given. I could not each anyone or get any answers as to why. At 90 days they permanently banned my account (I had missed the $60,000 high for bitcoin that would have doubled my money) and allowed me to transfer my money back to my bank,,,, but still would not tell me why. I finally reached someone in "customer service," and all they would say was, "read the terms of service," when I said I had and wanted to know what I had violated, they just kept repeating themselves.

I have told this experience on here a few times before. Others have reported other issues. PayPal does not hide the fact that they are anti-2a. Yet gun owners keep using them... and asking about this. It's as bad as the gun owners who still vote D____ 🙄

And if you use F&F for a transaction and they ARE NOT actually your F or F and you get STUNG? You deserve what you get!! OK for you to screw them but when it's the other way around? :eek: :oops::oops:
And if doing Ebay, be careful how you word things. ;)
Yep, thats why make doubly sure you know the person you are dealing with. I fortunately never got stung, but i have seen it happen to trusting people.

I guess they’re anti gun however you can use it to pay for gun parts all day long on eBay without issue.

Their hypocrisy is sickening.

...You deserve what you get!! OK for you to screw them but when it's the other way around?...

Truism; It's been mainly nickel and dime stuff, but I'm going to cool it. Agree dancing with the devil will get you incinerated.

Latest posts

Back