• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Pattern Question

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lukos

32 Cal.
Reaction score
I have begun making my own clothes and can "redneck" a pattern pretty well. I have changed mid-stream and wish to make my clothes historically correct. I have searched the internet but cannot find historical correct patterns. Does anyone know of a source or do I need to buy the patterns from a supplier? Thank you all.

You'll answered my question in a roundabout way. I was curious if there was a source for free patterns. I am looking at those links now, thank you. I am developing my persona around an individual in the late 1700s who has come from the east and is working in the west. I need to decide whether that is going to be a trader, trapper, missionary, scout or something else. I am working on incorporating it into my graduate thesis so I need to be as accurate as possible. Again, thank you all. :thumbsup:

Buy a copy of Beth Gilguns book, "Tidings from the 18th c." It is all on clothing, and how to make the patterns for them. Excellent book. It is a soft back, and not expensive.

Back