• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Paste wax on refinished rifle

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tannehill

40 Cal
Reaction score
I put four coats of tru oil on the Kentucky I am refinishing. Do any of you use a wax on your rifles? If so what do you use?

Thanks

I do like to use wax. However, I use a product specifically made for guns. Birchwood Casey Gun Stock wax works on metal. wood and [I use it after oiling leather sheaths]. I wait a couple of months after finishing a gun stock or sheath and I apply it very sparingly, let it dry a few days and rub it to the polish you desire.
Works well for me :rolleyes: Polecat 🦨 :horseback:

Last edited:
IMG_20230408_070141005.jpg

I put four coats of tru oil on the Kentucky I am refinishing. Do any of you use a wax on your rifles? If so what do you use?

Thanks
With tru-oil wait 30 days. Lightly rub down with 0000 steel wool. Then apply Bri-Wax. Bri-Wax is all natural Bees Wax and Carnauba. Excellent shine and water proofing. I use Tung Oil with a Bri-Wax finish. The wood finish turns out excellent. Semper Fi.

Like some said - WAIT. Truoil takes long time to cure. I'd give it at least a month or two.. I've always used plain old Johnson's paste wax (furniture polish) and it has served me well for years and is fairly easy to find.

Latest posts

Back