• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Paste wax on refinished rifle

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Johnsons paste wax is good stuff and I like Min wax too. I keep a can of Johnsons for immersing black smith tongs and other small forgings that I've made. Putting the jaws and parts in hot liquifies the wax and gives the metal a good, protective coating. And I have used it in barrel channels too.

This is an interesting thread. I am not by any means a builder or anything close to one. Do you folks recommend a coating of your preferred wax or oil here and there to keep everything protected or just to keep the beautiful natural wood clearly visible through time? I will oil a stock here and there to include rubbing my powder horn with extra virgin olive oil which it seems to do well with. Hope I'm not off topic but would like your opinions.

For long term storage on all of my guns I use Johnson's spray furniture wax. Doesn't evaporate or attract any kind of abrasive. I have not tried it on the bores of my UH MLs but should work in the dry climate I live in. Pics of my recently finished UH "bag" gun..1-1/8th 54 cal, false muzzle, beak down etc, wait'in on warmer weather and snow melt

Attachments

• P1010001.JPG
    P1010001.JPG
    656.6 KB · Views: 0
  • P1010003.JPG
    P1010003.JPG
    671.8 KB · Views: 0
  • P1010008.JPG
    P1010008.JPG
    707.9 KB · Views: 0
  • P1010010.JPG
    P1010010.JPG