• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Parts shortage?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When the last old school rifle builders are finally gone the once hallowed traditions of the American Long Rifle will be gone with them, and all people will know and remember are snap together kits.

Oh well, 275 years was a pretty good run........

for wood stocks River valley gunstocks has some really nice maple, cherry, and walnut on hand. I am younger and have been bitten by the building bug. it is hard enough to make something satisfactory to use for yourself it is quite another to make a product good enough to sell. it takes a lot of skill and investment to start a small business that is likely to fail or not be worth it. young people are busy trying to make their way in this world and a client base that is aging out like the suppliers is not a promising prospect. I would love to build guns for a living and supply parts, but the reality is to do so I would need to learn various production methods, buy equipment, and how to run a business. I admire those that can make the pursuit worthwhile.

Abe’s Arms formerly Abes General Store is offering rifle kits now. He is making his own stocks from planks using L&R locks . This sideline to his busy started after covid. Parts are out there you just need to look.
His web site needs work, best to just call.

Latest posts

Back