• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

P.Chamberlin & Co

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bcjuecks

Pilgrim
Reaction score
I resently acquired a P. Chamberlin & Co percussion rifle in 36 cal. I have been unable to find any information. I would like to have more information on this rifle. Any information would be grealty appreciated.

I found a E. Chamberlain, 1850, percussion pistols at Southbridge, Massachusetts and a Joseph Chamberlain around 1815, general gunsmith in Albany, New York but no P Chamberlin & Co.

It was fairly common to change the spelling of names back in those days so there is a possibility that one or both of these somehow are tied to P Chamberlin & Co.

It's also possible that P. Chamberlin & Co was a hardware store or a gun dealer that bought and sold guns with his companies name stamped on them.
That was also pretty common.

Back