• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

FOR SALE RARE Larry Romano Keen-Walker Carbine

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Reduced . Will consider cash/trade for high quality muzzleloading or antique guns. Payment plans are available as well.  Very rare limited edition (approximately 37 made) high quality reproduction of the rarely known or seen Keen-Walker Civil War carbine manufactured by L. Romano Rifle Company. It is chambered in .54 caliber with a single shot tilting percussion breech action and a 22.5" blued barrel. Brass frame has saddle ring. Case colored breech, hammer, trigger, lever, front tang. Smooth wood stock. Fixed iron sights. Percussion ignition. Very Good with light scratches and minimal handling wear. Some light tarnish on the brass finish, could use a little polishing. Some light marks on the stock. Bright and clean bore with strong rifling. Possibly unfired. Serial number is 34. These are rarely seen on the market and are highly sought after by collectors. $2750 + Shipping.
20240515_163851.jpg
20240515_164101.jpg
20240515_163708.jpg
20240515_163727.jpg
20240515_163602.jpg
20240515_163512.jpg
20240515_163456.jpg
20240515_163420.jpg
20240515_163359.jpg
20240515_163532.jpg

Last edited:
That’s a very keen looking horseman’s companion you’ve got there, pard!!

Seriously, this is a unicorn for the serious ACW carbine collector. This price is MORE than fair, and if I didn’t just buy a Maynard, I’d be all over this.

Snatch this up, gang!!
I wish the N-SSA had a "non-combatant" membership level so people could market approved weapons to its members. I spoke on the phone with one of its Board members who said he would bring it up at the next month's meeting. That was over 6 month's ago.

I wish the N-SSA had a "non-combatant" membership level so people could market approved weapons to its members. I spoke on the phone with one of its Board members who said he would bring it up at the next month's meeting. That was over 6 month's ago.
Thinking about this does take a while.

It used to be allowed. I was a moderator for the board. The Wizard in charge of it says it's his way or the hiway. He closed the board to members only blocking out 10's of 1000's who used our site for research. There is nowhere else on the net that can rival the knowledge of the N-SSA. I politicked for the other guy so I got pushed out. Their loss.......

Latest posts

Back