• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

opinions on the pedersoli Jaeger rifle

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tajue17

40 Cal.
Reaction score
58. Cal David pedersoli Jaeger rifle, what do you think about this rifle, barrel, accuracy?

They are over priced. They look like a late Lancater that has a Perc. barrel sawed off and made into some sort of carbine. :(

okay thanks for the post,,, seen one used and was wondering if they where worth,, not interested in buying one right now but figured I'd run it by you guys to get the scoop on it.

thanks for the post

Just from the pics, they don't look very "jaegeresque" to me. Pedersoli does make quality firearms, so they should shoot well. Many of the Pedersoli "jaegers" come with fast twist barrels for shooting sabots, conicals, etc. Not ideal for roundballs (some did come with slower twist, roundball barrels).

sounds good,, the one that struck my interest was the used one @ TOTW for 699...... not in the market right now but was curious about them.

I'd sure handle whatever interests you before buying. Even at a fair used price, I'd pass on the Pedersoli Jaeger.

Accuracy is excellent even if it doesn't pass PC muster. But the thing feels really "clubby" in my hands. I just don't like the way it mounts or balances. I have handled a couple made with swamped barrels, and those were excellent handlers.

It does not have a swamped barrel. That's the important thing to note. This is some kind of interpretation of an American made rifle with Germanic roots not a German Jaeger. Pedersoli isn't always concerned with historically correct.

I saw a photo that interests me. I think it is from the Gunmakers of Berks County exibit but I really have no clue. Id love to see that but it is way to far to travel. I like the longer barrel on this rifle. Don't know how to post this and really shouldn't. Google " The artistry of Berks County gunsmiths " then click " Reading gunsmiths " on the map. There is the photo although it is a very poor one. I don't know what that is but it intrigues me.

In the Berks County exhibit, #1 is a Jaeger Rifle made by Johann Kuchenreuter about 1750 in Regensberg, Bavaria. Colorphoto in Berks County Longrifles & Gunmakers by Patrick Hornberger, page 33. Berks County Historical Society has book available. I bought mine when I went to that exhibit. Hope this helps. GrampaJ in NC. :thumbsup:

So it is a German rifle...Sweet! I think a replica of this pistol would make a perfect companion to it.

Link

I don't mean to hijack the thread or go too far off topic but it doe's tie back in a way. I noticed Pedersoli's Kuchenreuter percussion pistol replica and it seems likely that it was made by one of Johann's descendents.

I noticed a replica of a similar rifle from the maker made by Jack Haugh.
Link

What confuses me is it was J.J. not J.A. Maybe J.A. was J.J.'s son. Either that or the last name was common. Regardless all of the makers I mentioned were from Regenburg, Bavaria. This Was the work of J.C. the eldest.

http://littlegun.be/arme%20allemande/artisan%20i%20j%20k/a%20kuchenreiter%20iohann%20christoph%20gb.htm

Back