• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Oldest photograph of a dog.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Married nearly 40 years. We have had dogs, Labradors, all that time. I remember each one of them and the memories can bring tears. Chloe is 12 years old and just starting to slow down a little. I am 76 and wonder what to do when she passes. Maybe a rescue.
Ha ha. Son David squashed his tiny pet white mouse in bed. The two of them went through college together , mouse in top pocket Every one of us cried all morning we missed him so much Strange world of feelings

Great photo! This is not a photo, but an oil painting on paper dated Xmas ‘23 by my great uncle Calvin M. Kibler. Calvin gave this painting to my mother for her high school graduation present. Mom was born in 1921. The painting now has come down to me.

Attachments

• 4804A444-9EBE-43A2-8426-1942307355FF.jpeg
    4804A444-9EBE-43A2-8426-1942307355FF.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 0
My guess is that even the biggest, strongest, most docile, dumb, wonderful dogs we've had that were not capable of harming a fly, envision themselves as fierce bear slayers when they dream.

Attachments

• pict r.jpeg
    pict r.jpeg
    211.9 KB · Views: 0
Not sure about Bear but the Grandma of the labs in my Avatar Came to the Kyle of Bute with me one year. She went as a dear little dog. Came back as a Little Deer Dog. Never went there without her after.. OLD DOG..

I sure miss our old Lab/Dane mix, Meg. Maybe not much of a hunting dog, we went out after grouse a few times and all she found was a porcupine. She sure loved going shooting with me, however. She always got all happy and excited whenever I got out the rifle.

Attachments

• IMG_0473.jpg
    IMG_0473.jpg
    998.7 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20171104_133758.jpg
    IMG_20171104_133758.jpg
    349.8 KB · Views: 0
My guess is that even the biggest, strongest, most docile, dumb, wonderful dogs we've had that were not capable of harming a fly, envision themselves as fierce bear slayers when they dream.

Speaking of dreaming, we thought our rescue dog was snoring at first. But we think she was really dreaming about things. Maybe begging for food, barking at other animals, etc. she would sometime twitch a lot which I think she was running in her dream. Maybe chasing something imagining being a eolf or great hunter or something.

Dogs have enriched my life beyond description. Those who are not dog people can never really understand the bond that develops between man and dog. Maya was my first hunting dog and during the 14 years she spent with me she remained by my side every second possible.
F931155A-7417-4FEC-937F-537F39127FDF.jpeg

There is an anonymous quote I think of that many of us can identify with.

“It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them, and every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are.”

That works two ways, if I saw a dog hurting any of my neices or nephews there'd be a "carcass" for animal control or the coroner (or both) to pick up.There are no stupid dogs but the same can't be said about some of their owners. Hard to imagine some people who let their pets wander the neighborhood where kids are at play.

That works two ways, if I saw a dog hurting any of my neices or nephews there'd be a "carcass" for animal control or the coroner (or both) to pick up.There are no stupid dogs but the same can't be said about some of their owners. Hard to imagine some people who let their pets wander the neighborhood where kids are at play.
I take your point. You can not stand by while a problem dog harms the innocent. But I'd want a piece of the problem dog's owner. Problem dogs are the result of problem people.
It is rural here. Mostly farms and small developments. Very rarely do I see dogs penned up. And it is extremely rare to see a stray.

I take your point. You can not stand by while a problem dog harms the innocent. But I'd want a piece of the problem dog's owner. Problem dogs are the result of problem people.
It is rural here. Mostly farms and small developments. Very rarely do I see dogs penned up. And it is extremely rare to see a stray.
That's where alot the more aggressive dogs belong, rural and "out on the farm".They are not what you'd call community minded.

Latest posts

Back