• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Oldest photograph of a dog.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
At the present I'm "dogless" but I do have a pet.
20211012_174723.jpg

Definitely get a rescue. All 8 of mine have been rescues. I wouldn't have taken a million dollars for any of them.
Good on you. There are so many rescue dogs that need a home. They often tend to be a lot healthier than pure breads too. Mine is a gremlin, but wouldn’t trade him for any other dog.

Loyal, loving, non-judging, truthful, brave, and courageous are all ways to describe a dog. If more people were like dogs we’d be better off.
Shoot, I thought you were describing my donkey. Only kidding you are so right. Though I have met some people who are alot
Iike my neighbor's pit bulls.Or the other neighbor's yappers.

what purpose does / did the fringe on the woven game bag serve? just courious?

We got our rescue dog a few years ago. She is the sweetest most loving dog we ever had too.

Anyway, way back then you had to sit still for several minutes to get a photograph. So they would likely have to take a pic when the dog was sleeping or dead.

For the fellow asking about the fringe on the hunting bag. It is a decoration nothing more. But it was a common fashion for quite a while though,

Married nearly 40 years. We have had dogs, Labradors, all that time. I remember each one of them and the memories can bring tears. Chloe is 12 years old and just starting to slow down a little. I am 76 and wonder what to do when she passes. Maybe a rescue.
A rescue is definatly the way to go.

Wow, Makes me Sad I miss my dog Blue he was a black Lab that went everywhere with me. Kept him alive for the last Three years of his life with a shot of Insulin in the morning and one at night. Rest easy Ol buddy…

Latest posts

Back