• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Oh dear, this is not MY Canada......

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My sons classmate was suspended for having a box of ammo in his locked car in the school parking lot.

I once asked why Border Patrol was allowed to be in the shop i work at with guns and I wasn’t. I was told he has a license to which i responded “ So do I”. Didn’t help. No one was removed

I have a newspaper clip of a 6th grade school play that has me as Robert E. Lee surrendering a real Confederate sword to another student (General Grant) with another student standing at attention holding a trapdoor Springfield ( what can I say? Our prop department did the best they could) this was about 1962. Aahhhh, the good old days!!
In 1967 in my seventh grade history class, I brought an 1873 trapdoor Springfield infantry rifle to class and gave a presentation about the how and when the rifle came to be owned by my Grandfather. This was in the state of N.J. of all places, and nobody at all were worried.

Aw, blaming it on the democrats is too easy. There are many factors, like the dumming down of the education system so people can't think. They're fearful and easily maneuvered because they don't see the illogic in "guns kill", They don't comprehend that the bad guys running the show actually PDH (a Russian form of brainwashing that involves Pain, Drugs and Hypnosis - which leaves no memory of the commands, just action when the right trigger happens) people to shoot up a school, shoot John Lennon or Ronald Reagan. It's too unbelievable so it stays hidden. So they think that there are crazies who need to have their guns (or explosives, or...) confiscated - or at least made more difficult to possess. And they don't know who the crazies are or how to identify them, so it just adds to the fear, not realizing the crazies are at the top, not among them.

School lock-down for replica matchlock musket..............................................

Vintage rifle for teacher's presentation prompts police lockdown at Vancouver school​

Police say they don't believe teacher at Lord Byng Secondary had criminal intent​

The Canadian Press · Posted: Dec 21, 2023 4:09 PM EST | Last Updated: December 21
A large brick school

Lord Byng Secondary School was under lockdown on Thursday morning after a staff member reported seeing a man with a gun. (Vancouver School Board)

A prop for a teacher's presentation at a Vancouver secondary school set off a lockdown and an emergency response by police on Thursday.
Police say a teacher at Lord Byng Secondary called 911 to report a man carrying a rifle into the school, and the emergency response team was dispatched and the school locked down while police searched for a suspect.
During the search, officers found a staff member who confirmed they had a vintage rifle that was to be used in a class presentation.
Police shared a photo of an officer in tactical gear in a classroom, holding up what appeared to be a musket about two metres long.
An official in a bulletproof vest who has his face blurred is holding a vintage-looking rifle inside a classroom.

The vintage rifle, held by police in this photo, belongs to a staff member at the school, officials confirm. (Submitted by Vancouver Police Department)
Based on the initial investigation, police say they don't believe the staff member had any criminal intent.
Const. Jason Doucette says the report allowed them to put their training into action quickly to resolve the issue.
In a letter to parents, principal Damian Wilman said Di neighbouring schools Jules Quesnel and Queen Elizabeth were also locked down due to their proximity to Lord Byng.
He said no one was harmed during the incident, adding that school and district counsellors are available for anyone in distress as a result of the lockdown.

"counsellors are available for anyone in distress as a result of the lockdown."
must be a lot of sissies in that district
So where is my counsellor? I sure as sticky, brown, smelly stuff am in distress over this type of silly!

When I was in school in New jersey in late 50s you could bring you gun to school to go hunting after, just put it in your locker. Now you need to take the game regs. to your attorney to get clarification. How did things get so complicated?
HUNTING! Thats what went wrong, you sir were a murderer! Thats what went wrong. We stopped being allowed to winch slap idiots and they now have there tranny agendas so welded in pace with these other abominations that the guy in the story who came in the cafeteria door could have been shot dead by a well meaning teacher authorized to carry. I hear many libs get these authorizations so real men wont?

I used to keep the 30-30 in the truck gunrack all fall. Now I wouldn't if I could as it wouldn't last 20 min before stolen let alone the 6-8 months in jail while they investigated me. SAD!

In regards to the matchlock being taken into a school, it just shows how our great white knight's (Trudeau) policies are working. He has done a great job of dividing the country and instilling fear into most people as soon as a gun is mentioned or seen. Unfortunately it doesn't take much convincing when the majority of people today could care less about guns or the people who own them. Thing is, Trudeau and his cronies know his policies aren't really going to make people safe, it is all about political gain because every time he screws up somewhere else (and it happens a lot) he gets back on the firearms kick and stirs people up again.

If anyone has noticed, most of our sissies are up in Ottawa.

Ken.

When I was in high school, in Illinois I used to keep my shotgun and hunting vest in the trunk of my car. It was parked in the school parking lot. Many times in the fall, after school, I went to my car and got my gun and vest as the football team was heading out to practice. Our school was in a rural area. Kids would rebuild their tractors in auto shop. So, I’d hunt the fields around our school for pheasants and would often hike back to my car after hunting, and walk right across the football practice field, gun in hand. Kids and coach were on the field, I just skirted around them at a distance. No one complained or said a thing, not even the coach. I can’t even imagine all the trouble that would cause today. I’d surely be locked up as some kind of felon. Very sad.

A retired Sheriff had opened a gunshop within walking distance of the high school. Dad and I stopped in there if we needed anything for hunting. The high school was an open campus, so we could go where we wanted for lunch or eat at the school. Sometimes I would walk to pizza hut or the local mom n pop restaurant to eat with the guys. Sometimes I would detour into the gunshop instead of eating. One time it was fall squirrel season so I bought a couple of boxes of ammo. When I got home dad asked me why I purchased ammo when we had a fair amount already? I told him I wanted the same ammo my older brother hunted with so I bought some, then asked if everything ok? Dad said sure, let me see the boxes. Apparently the store owner (retired sheriff) who sold it to me and then questioned himself, so he called dad to let him know. All was good, dad told him sell me whatever I wanted, but if it was a big purchase we agreed it should be picked it up in person. I sure miss those days when a phone call between friends could settle minor issues.

All it takes for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing.
i accept the responsibility for the current state of our country. was always too busy getting ahead in life to be bothered. that and the few times i got active our side was ignored and we lost.
threw in the towel and moved to a place that was still free. should have stood and fought.

From the late '80s until Covid, i would dress up and give talks on Colonial America...One school even had Colonial Days where we had outdoor demonstrations, candle making, music, doctoring, wagon rides, soap making, cooking, etc...Well, we no longer do any of these, Covid may have shut it down but the liberal teachers have stopped what was an educational experience...I grew up in North Carolina, still live here, grew up going to Roanoke Island and watching "The Lost Colony" i have also visited Williamsburg, Kings Mountain, Cowpens, Guilford Courthouse and Old Salem many times...

I would start with explaining The Lost Colony and how England viewed that venture, then Jamestown and discuss the settling of America and the role of guns and gunsmiths...I would demonstrate how to make fire with a flint and steel and relate it to the development of a flintlock mechanism...I thoroughly enjoyed doing these demonstrations and the sad thing is, some of the teachers and principals were my daughter's ages and are now at the same schools where these demonstrations were held...I believe they simply want their brand of history taught, not what really happened...It's sad what is happening in our country...

Attachments

• IMG_0048.JPG
    IMG_0048.JPG
    133.8 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0050.JPG
    IMG_0050.JPG
    32.5 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1161.JPG
    IMG_1161.JPG
    828.2 KB · Views: 0
By the time enough people realize the mistake, the people who now support more controls that is. It will be too late. Too late for Canada and the US.

Freedom is an illusion that covers up the permissions that government bureaucrats and elites temporarily allow us.

Back