• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

NRA class - "Long Rifle Kit Build"

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Am looking at taking this course to help correct my Klutzness. Anyone know anything about this course?

Long Rifle Kit Build
Who doesn’t love a flint lock or cap lock rifle? This class will be taught by a 6th generation gunsmith whose family made many of our countries original rifles. In the class students will take his years of experience to complete their kit. Students will learn fitting, function, historical accuracy and correct finishing techniques. Instructor: Jacob Porter

Long Rifle Kit Build | 9/25-9/29 | MTWTHF | 9AM-6PM | $201.60 | Register

My dad was a great cook. I can't boil water. Not a genetically transmitted skill.
But if he was brought up as an apprentice in the family shop & ”learned at his grandfather’s knee”; then, he could bring a lot with him. As far as the DNA is concerned, there is now evidence that a family’s occupation being imprinted somehow into the DNA. Was an interesting read.

Back