• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Not done yet but pic

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Crow#21957

50 Cal.
Reaction score
This pic is just to show that the wood does show. I just don't have the finish done yet. The pic also shows the barrel and lock color same as all the metal. It's about medium grey. I've really had a time trying to get this lined out. It's a SMR from pecatonica. 32 cal.
I sure hope the next one does much better.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230814_170714_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20230814_170714_Gallery.jpg
    918.4 KB · Views: 4
Ya teii me something I don't know.LOL
Not being a smarty pants "but ya" I could use lessons on the whole deal building. How are these? I just build for me. I like the looks of my guns usually. And they shoot well. I said when I first joined a year or so ago I Ain't no biilder.LOL

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230701_003420_Messages.jpg
    Screenshot_20230701_003420_Messages.jpg
    804.3 KB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot_20230628_105816_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20230628_105816_Gallery.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot_20230623_203008_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20230623_203008_Gallery.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot_20230623_202838_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230623_202838_Chrome.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
something i don't quite understand.
people want to build a muzzleloader.
they get the parts and put them together but state they wish they were of better workmanship.
someone with 400 or so world class builds behind him mentions that he could teach those workmanship skills to poster A.
and gets flamed for it!
must be the times.

they get the parts and put them together but state they wish they were of better workmanship.
someone with 400 or so world class builds behind him mentions that he could teach those workmanship skills to poster A.
and gets flamed for it!
must be the times.

I think because the way its written, it comes across as snarky. Hes not offering any help, more of a Man, that's not good, it would probably take a whole week in a class of mine to learn how to fix it'. Instead of not bad but I do see a couple issues. I teach that stuff in classes I offer from time to time. You should see about getting enrolled in one and it'll really help with that. I don't know Mr Brooks personally but I do know of his work. Since I don't know what the intent was behind what he said, ill give him the benefit that it was good and proper, is tough to indicate intent in a few written words. Not justifying the fact that he is called out but maybe as to the why he gets flamed for it part.

and gets flamed for it!
He teaches two classes a year and you have to go to where he is.
Not options for people building rifles right now that maybe can't travel and/or don't want to wait.
If any flaming was involved or mistakenly taken, it was due to not understanding the circumstances.
Too quick to judge is also one of the "signs of the times" I think.

and gets flamed for it!
must be the times.
It does not matter if the man has built 10,000 quality rifles. I am not bantering him on his builds. Its his attitude, then you push his cause. I don't believe the man asked for y'alls advice not asked for. What happened to manners from you young people ?

I try to not take any comments wrong. I'm sure everyone meant well. And im sure these guys could sure teach me some building savvy. Wish I could go take classes but it is beyond my funds.We can't all be pros and I'm happy with my guns I build. I do hit some obstacles for sure. And no one will really see my guns but me and casuall acquaintences. I'm sure I misspelled a couple words but that's ok. OK Play ball
And play nice.LOL

I would welcome any honest criticism of my builds. That’s how we learn to make better looking guns. I agree with Mike. Not saying that’s an ugly gun. Looks nicer than many of mine, but I look back on some of my early builds and wish I could have had a teacher like Mike Brooks to get me to a higher level faster. I only build for myself also, but recently was able to buy an original longrifle and that really opened up my eyes! Those early makers were good!

Just trying to help the guy out. The rest of his work is good except he needs a little help with his lock panels. Teaching is what I do. I just got back from teaching a 5 day class at the education building at friendship.
So, why don't you idiots jumping all over me go pound sand up your ass.

Latest posts

Back