• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

No new projects?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi.

It lock is scrach built from scrap bits I had around. The stock is from a slab of walnut I got in rough form from a local Canberra wood shop.

The lock did take me a few trys to get to work but im happy with it now but working out the angle of the triger to make it slide was a pain. The barrel I have a friend who used to own a gun shop in Nowra get for me, so im not sure where he got it from. Green river in SA I think Ill ask next time I see him. I wanted a bit bigger bore but had to take what he got me.

It has been more of a pain to get differnt size balls to try and get a nice group. Have tryed .60 and thin patch last week. Looks good so far.

Owen

i got a pistol stock lying around (pre-cut and pre-shaped)

now i'm looking for an economic source (as in: not much $$$ to spare this fall) of Smoothbore barels

trackofthewolf only seems to have rifled barrels for pistols.

Any hints ?

The gun will be either a wheellock or some doglock/flint if i'm lazy

thanks for the info!
I have a nice slab of queensland blackwood put aside for my matchlock needs, maybe a little on the thin side but may do for an arquebus one day...when the new workshop gets built :)

Back