• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

No new projects?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Teleoceras

45 Cal.
Reaction score
Damn, this forum got quiet.

How about it everyone? No new projects? Anyone have a new Matchlock, Wheellock, etc on order?

For me I have an 8 Bore Matchlock Musket on order from John Buck. He is also building me a .58 long barreled Handgonne with a stock that fits over the shoulder.

The 8 bore will be based on an actual 1570's musket that he owns that was built in Suhl.

Slowmatch Forever!
Teleoceras

Teleoceras,
Yeah, I've noticed. I just am not in the position to do anything about it, but I sure do enjoy reading about our's projects.
C'mon you guys, entertain us.
Teleo, I would like to pull the sear bar on that eight bore. Just once, hee, hee!
volatpluvia

28 More days till I start my way back home. Lots of projects planned looking to make a matchlock and a few more gonnes (after I build a deck for the wife that is) I'll keep you all posted.

Andy

I have a Caliver drawn up but haven't gotten around to cutting any metal or wood. I've been havving some health problems for the last couple of months that I have to get resolved.

I have two stocks waiting for barrels and other parts, but no $$$$. Might have to sell some guns to raise money for parts.

I've been redesigning Lauber's Wheellock in AutoCAD this summer (lots and lots of errors in those drawings) and will share the drawings when I get the bugs worked out of them. I plan starting construction hopefully this fall.

I have been trying to solve a few problems that stems from my indecision!!! I started out years ago with two Matchlocks. I had one converted to Doglock in the early 90s. Not so long ago I took the Doglock off the one piece and transfered it to the other. NOW I want to return the Doglock to it's original conversion and restore the Matchlock!! I found the lock parts for the matchlock, but I am still looking for the pan and cover and the sear lever! Some wood is going to have to be filled in on both stocks.
It ain't easy being me!
:surrender:

Volatpluvia:

Teleo, I would like to pull the sear bar on that eight bore. Just once, hee, hee!

Talked to John earlier and he is just waiting for the barrels to come in. It looks like the .58 Handgonne will be the first one done in the Fall.

Slowmatch Forever!
Teleoceras

I found a blank for my wheellock that I need to finish. I already had another pistol blank, but this one is figured English walnut. It was for sale as turning stock. The grain is just right for a pistol and has ink lines and light curl throughout. It is about 2 3/4" thick, so should be just right for a pistol. Now I just have to get a barrel to inlet into this wood.

DSCN2096.jpg

DSCN2097.jpg

Well, I made a hand cannon [gonne mit a hook] that
has the "S" lever for the fuse {ha ha}. A French
#9 not a kit! And a miquelet lock that was very
unusual..could be East Indian or even Persian. I
only had a 4x 6 color photo to go by..I guess that
is about it...

:v Good on you Owen!!!!---that's a real beautiful set-up and a sight for all our sore eyes.And you're right Pitchy it's time for your fertile brain to get going. :thumbsup: "Doc"

thanks guys :) .62 and shoots fine if a little high but think that is the lack of a rear sight, still working on a good load for it. Have tried .575 with a thick patch also .61 with a thin patch now need a .60 to try lol. the .575 works best so far. any other ideas?

Owen

Beautiful work Owen... :thumbsup:
did you scratch build it or was it a kit?
Were you able to find the barrel locally or was it an import? (big hassle here I know!)

Back