• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

No name T/C .36...

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TennesseeJed

40 Cal.
Reaction score
I just got back from the gunshow and I picked up a T/C .36 with no name on it for $175. It came with a couple of unopened boxes of balls and an old looking plastic container of Ox-Yoke patches. If it's been fired at all, it hasn't been shot much and the barrel is immaculate.

Looks like it's going to come a flood pretty shortly or I'd be in the field sending balls downrange.

I don't think TC offered a 36, so you probably have a Green Mountian drop-in made for TC.
Good find, :thumbsup:
Alot of guy's are lookin for those.

The only mark would be just ahead of the breech on the bottom flat a small GM in a square IIRC.

How High's the Water Mama?

Most common percussion TC 36 is the Seneca but some Cherokees show up.Measure across the flats.Is it 13/16?Seneca had brass patch box.Pics would help.

My T/C Seneca has no name on the barrel either, just Thompson Center CAL .45. The Seneca was also offered in .36 caliber. Both models came with a 27 inch long barrel and like 410er stated they were 13/16"across the flats.
Regards
Bob

Yep - Both my .45 Pre-Seneca .45 Pre-Patriot have 13/16" barrels and no designation other than "Thompson - Center Arms Cal .45" on their barrels.

Seneca's have 27" bbls & brass patchbox, Cherokee's a shorter bbl & no patchbox, & Patriot's a 9" bbl - all with the 13/15" bbl ILO the Hawken's 15/16" bbl in calibers below .50

The barrel is 27", it has a patchbox, and a different style of cheekpiece than the Hawken. I was thinking Seneca but there's no name on it, just T/C 36. It has the old style T/C sights on it as well, which I love.

TC Seneca's do have 27" barrels - Cherokee's 24", so along with your description it sounds like a Seneca. The 36's for either are in the highest demand from what I've seen, and commonly bring a much higher price that what you paid.
Nice find. :thumbsup:

necchi - yeah, I have one of those TC Hawken no name 36 capper's. Barrel is unmarked though as far as maker. Muzzy Smith who built the rifle couldn't remember for sure but thought it was a GM. I wonder if it might be a Numerich Arms though.
:idunno:

WA

Walks Alone, if your .36 were a Numrich barrel you'd probably know it. Numrich .36's were really .35's and required a .340-.345" ball.

very early SENECA rifles were not so marked they were marked thompson center arms 36 caliber/45 caliber,I've got one of these along with a 45 caliber,SENECAS' have a longer barrel than the CHEROKEE and a patch box,also the CHEROKEE doesn't have a forearm end cap,if the rifle has the longer barrel,patch box and a forearm end cap it is a SENECA

There was a thread on another site that indicated that early unmarked T/C model barrels (i.e. SENECA) were manufactured by Sharon & Douglas, those marked with model name made by T/C.
Those manf'd by Sharon & Douglas had a cross or spade stamp on the underside bottom of the barrel. Who knows?
I have a unmarked model .36 cal T/C Seneca serial# 24XX that has no marks anywhere other than Thompson Center .36 caliber, Rochester, N.Y. on the barrel.

There are three calibers for the TC Cherokee and Seneca. The Cherokee has the 32, 36 and 45 with the 36 being the most difficult to find. The barrels are 24". The Seneca, likewise, has the same calibers with 32 being the most difficult to find. The barrels are 27". I have both rifles in all three calibers. They all shoot excelent. My favorite tree chicken rifle is my Seneca 32 with the TC peep sites for my bad eyes. Actually, I have peep sights on all six.

Back