• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

NMLRA Friendship

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fleener

50 Cal.
Reaction score
At this time the June National Matches are still on and NOT canceled. The executive committee (Officers) of the Board of Directors are making plans to move forward with the match. HOWEVER, we are also staying on top of the issues and if we need to cancel the matches we will.

On the NMLRA web page we have a statement regarding the virus and matches. Also I am sure we posted something on facebook.

Time will tell what will happen. I am hopeful that we will be getting back to normal very soon.

Art Fleener
Secretary
NMLRA

Even if we lose the June Shoot (12 weeks out), we should ALMOST certainly get the September shoot in. We have a LOT of senior citizens there, and a few crowded areas, like registration, cafeteria, opening ceremony, and shooters night at traders row. The Flea markets could be a disaster in the making. Time will tell.

Who knows, maybe black powder smoke and it's sulfur kills corona virus???

Some of You'uns might not like this, but I'm gonna toss it out for discussion anyhow:
I'm not sure if it makes sense to hold a June Shoot if the reality is that participation will likely be severely impacted (reduced) even if any local or national "stay home/shelter in place" kind of directives have been lifted by then.
Given that there's another big shoot coming along in September, barely 3 months....it might make more sense to put the Association's efforts and $$$$ into making the Fall shoot all that it can be. It's not like if we miss having a big shoot in June...we're done for another year.

Don

I appreciate the comments. I can tell you that Ex-Comm (President, Vice President, Treasurer, Secretary along with the Operations Manager) are in daily conversations about the June shoot. I am still hopeful that we can have a June match. IN just a few days ago closed all camp grounds, so we shut down our as well.

Keep in mind that grounds maintenance and mowing will continue if there is a match in June or not. We have not laid anyone off regarding staff.

Fleener

Thanks for the info Guys..
Keep us posted as things develop.

Hopefully the smaller clubs will be able too survive as well.
Many are dependent on their scheduled shoots and auctions as a means of survival.
Paying rent, insurance and utilities & such may take its toll on many of them.

Having modern facilities at camp,( Tin Tee Pee hook ups, Showers , Hot & Cold running water)is a luxury for sure...
But at times like these it makes it hard for the Club too pay the bills...

Hopefully we all can resume our normal activities with our Friends & fellow shooters once again very soon.
Stay Safe.

Well, I hate to tell you that the June matches have been cancelled. The government guidelines simply made it not possible to host the June matches.

Art Fleener
Secretary NMLRA

Well, I hate to tell you that the June matches have been cancelled. The government guidelines simply made it not possible to host the June matches.

Art Fleener
Secretary NMLRA
Have not been going for as many years as many here have been, but will say disappointed. Not at the decision as i understand it. But the fact i cant go. We have made it a family get together trip, rondy at a family home in the area and it has been cancelled due to fear. Not good.

See you all at the fall shoot!

Thanks for the update Art.

Always better safe than sorry....

Just gives a man more time too practice!

Hi everyone, just to update this thread, the decision has been made to cancel the June Shoot.
Campgrounds in Indiana are slated to open May 23rd, and we hope they do!
As of now, the Inline Hunter’s Match is still on the way for May 30. We will be rescheduling our Women’s Weekend soon as well. Each of these events historically attract less than 100 participants, and as long as Indiana doesn’t spike we will be able To have these smaller events.

Please visit NMLRA.org/covid19 for more information.

Back