• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Nipple wrench

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Ok gents someone has got to know:
Which shop advertises a nipple wrench as thier "best" and follow it with a phrase like: This one should not ever break but if it does
we will send you a new one free of charge"
I found that website awhile back and Now...cant find it...anybody know???
I bought a 51 uberti colt that was made in 1968...everything is fine except the nipples are frozen...I need a good nipple wrench cuz I just broke two and all my others are for muskets...

..Yea..I was thinkin of grinding a couple of notches in a small socket...but figure it would take me a couple of hours to grind them and they would probably snap pronto.....

Heat em up and they should come out easy..Just do one at a time and use a leather glove to hold the cylinder..spray some PB Blaster on them all down thru the chamber and let it soak over nite then heat one at a time with a propane torch then remove..Works great

I've got one of those - excellent wrench and socket. Best I've ever used.

That looks like something I might want to try!

Just looked at the Cabela's link...some idiot wrote a review saying that the "little black nipples kept falling off of the wrench"! I guess he went to school the same place as the guy who used an impact wrench and socket to START the lug nuts on my SUV more than a decade ago, and managed to strip more than half of them, requiring the studs to be changed and I had to leave the truck overnight so they could fix it :shake:

Short version....makes a nice Easter present, don't it?

Dave

Latest posts

Back