• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Nipple wrench for Crocket rifle

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
TWB hunter ... was that the traditions revolver wrench or the traditions traditional wrench ?? They are two different wrenches. I should get the right one for my crockett rifle.
Ohio Rusty ><>
Rusty, if you order one please let us know how it works out. I'm done ordering nipple wrenches for my Crockett rifle until I know for sure which one it takes.

Here’s your picture Bob. No need to pull the lock.
I did that with one of the nipple wrenches and it still does not fit properly. In fact I thought I had an issue with the nipple threads in the breech until I started using the 13/64 ignition wrench. Now I can get the nipple tight were it does not leak.

I have a bunch of those masks .... I use them in the shop when I'm sanding or grinding. That is the best thing you can use them for.
Ohio Rusty ><>

Here is my modified nipple wrench. Took about 15 minutes with a file.

Attachments

• IMG_0562.jpeg
    IMG_0562.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0561.jpeg
    IMG_0561.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 0
I have these 2 wrenches, look like the same manufacturer but no idea who. They are different size between the flats, the turned down one being slightly smaller, it won't fit a rifle nipple, maybe for a revolver? Don't have any revolvers to check.

Attachments

• NR1.jpg
    NR1.jpg
    180.9 KB · Views: 0
  • NR2.jpg
    NR2.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 0
Here is my modified nipple wrench. Took about 15 minutes with a file.
Does that fit the nipple itself good and tight?

I've ground a couple down to where they will fit in the tight space around the nipple but neither one fits the slots of the nipple tight enough.

Here’s the nipple wrench I use that works just fine.

Attachments

• IMG_1476.jpeg
    IMG_1476.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Does that fit the nipple itself good and tight?

I've ground a couple down to where they will fit in the tight space around the nipple but neither one fits the slots of the nipple tight enough.

Here’s the nipple wrench I use that works just fine.
It fits but not as tight as you would get from a custom machined one. All of my factory nipple wrenches have some play in them and I only have 2 the other is an Enfield Sgts Tool.

I have these 2 wrenches, look like the same manufacturer but no idea who. They are different size between the flats, the turned down one being slightly smaller, it won't fit a rifle nipple, maybe for a revolver? Don't have any revolvers to check.
I have one that looks like your top one and it works fine on my Crockett and most other rifles and pistols. I'm not sure where I got it from or who manufactured it. It might be from Traditions or Treso.

The turned-down one is for a Revolver.

Walt

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back