• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Next Saturday!!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In continuation.

Here is an opinion poll. I encountered this track and while it shows a few toenails, the pads are very rounded and cat like. What say you, feline or canine?
20220912_175611.jpg

I had this encounter with a moose. This time of year they are very unpredictable. In fact, they are responsible for more wildlife attacks on humans than any other animal in the State. Moose first, then bears and then mountain lions. Elk during calving fit in there but their attacks are not usually very aggressive.

I and this moose faced off for about five minutes. It was a stare down. He was drooling and standing his ground. I did the same except that I set my ML aside and drew a small 380. Finally he begrudgingly gave up the trail and went around.

20220913_074736.jpg

I recognized him from having seen him previously with a cow. He has very long brow tines.

20220911_180011.jpg

Pike frying in butter!

9200_copy_600x800.jpeg

There could be an addendum If I decide to return before the ML season ends but it remains up in the air at this point.

Looks like you had a great time and some good eating as well! I do remember you know and that goat, definitely a unique trophy for sure. Best of luck if you manage to get back out before seasons end!

Couldn't do the one day run. Got the call late last night from a grandson. He had an archery cow moose tag and had succeeded in his hunt. He and I along with a friend and grandson met up at 6am near the kill site and brought her out in two trips. Wore this old man out! 😀

Ill pass that on.

He worked hard at it. He's been scouting since June and patterning several animals. Turns out they are not as habitual as whitetails or mulies but they do hang in the same general area. Processor estimated weight on the hoof to be 1000# +/-.

Back