• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Newbie from..."gulp"...Seattle area... :/

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One of my sons and his wife live in Edmunds, both work for Boeing.
He works in one of their Seattle offices, the stories he tells of the filth and squatters is heartbreaking, we used to love to go there. Not anymore, to much crime.

They are buying their retirement home already in Nevada.

Welcome to the board. I grew up in Puyallup went to Sumner High. Left Washington in 83. Go back and visit family now and then. Love the great northwest but it's not the place for me anymore in more ways than one.

The wife and I like this town and wanna retire near our kids/ grandkid in west Seattle.
Auburn seems far enough away from the riff-raff and vagrants- any insider tips on where to look in the PNW?
There is a mental health crisis in our state, but the governor hasn't done anything about anything in the twelve years he's been in office. He is quick to point out that "somebody ought to do something" though. The homeless are everywhere. You won't be able to completely avoid them.
I live in rural King County, in a beautiful spot, but it is best to stay out of King County if you plan to build or remodel. The permitting process takes years and costs tens of thousands. Kitsap County is a short ferry ride from West Seattle, but the ferry system barely functions. Our governor has been in office for twelve years and his excuse is that "someone should have done something ten years ago."
On the other hand, if you're a billionaire this is a good state to live in. There's a reason Bill Gates and Jeff Bezos claim to live in WA. There's no income tax, but the sales tax and property taxes are really bad. In our community there are lots of hobby farms that provide their trustafarian owners an excellent write off, and they are savvy enough to get grants from the County so they can stay home with their expensive horses "for educational purposes".
Hunting and fishing in this state are good, but you better have a lawyer on speed dial to make sure you are in compliance on that particular day in that particular place.
Hope this helps

Welcome from CA. I have no intention of leaving, in spite of our nuts. The grass isn't much greener anywhere else as I see it. Guns and hunting are part of life but it's not the main part. Family, business, the land & waters... There's so much to what makes life worth living here. We might move to a more rural area once the kids are gone but that's still pretty local. No shame in staying, I think.

Back