• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Newbie from Central Florida

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

krickmd

Pilgrim
Reaction score
Hi y'all. I have an older Hawkins rifle that I used to shoot when I was younger but stopped. Now I don't think that rifle is usable in its current condition. I was young and stupid so I did not take care of it. I bought a new in-line but plan to try to shoot lower loads and still use patch and ball. I am keeping it with the open sights to see if my eyes will work like they used to. The new rifle will be here soon and I am trying to gather all the other things I will need. Many things are hard to find and trying my patience, lol. I look forward to reading a lot of your knowledge and thanks in advance for all of that.

Welcome from Maine. We don't talk about in-lines here. You can send the barrel to Bobby Hoyt and have it bored and rifled for a good price.
Nit Wit

Greetings from the Northeast! I just spent 2-1/2 weeks in Central FL & had a great time visiting some of the local MZL Clubs.

You may be able to get that old rifle shootin’ again, as there are ways to smoothen the bore … Otherwise Bobby Hoyt will refresh it to ‘new’ for about $110 plus shipping; last I heard.

Welcome from Missouri! I would post about your Hawken with plenty of pics and see what people think. As said above, it may be easier than you think to get it cleaned up and shooting. Justin

Latest posts

Back