• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

New Member from NC

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BBOWL10

32 Cal
Reaction score
Hello,
I am new member here from North Carolina. I have a TC Hawken that I purchased a few years ago right before the Covid madness. The serial number is in the 20 thousands so I guess it’s from the mid to late 70s. I haven’t shot it but I plan to really soon. The bore is in great shape…..probably never been shot. It looks almost new. It is set up to shoot musket caps. I fired off a couple of caps and they both went bang. Luckily I bought 1000 caps when I bought the rifle so at least I can use it for awhile. Looking forward to learning more about the sport. Take care!

Welcome from the Fayetteville area.

There's a muzzleloading gun club just north of you in the Union Grove area, right up I-77 N. That's the Yadkin Valley Longrifles Gun Club.
They shoot on the third Saturday. Their match starts at 10:00 AM. They have a Facebook Page. If you want more information about them, "Start a Conversation" with me, AKA "PM".

Nice bunch of fellers. They have sources for getting black powder and caps at reasonable prices, when you run out of the 1,000 caps you got.

All the best,

Buck Buchanan
Field Rep - NC
NMLRA

Welcome! Always good to see other NC folks on here. I'm a Stokes county ex-pat, now living in the western part of the Uwharries. If you need pointers about where to get powder and other such ML necessaries around the Charlotte region, send me a PM and I'd be glad to point you in the best direction that I can.

Hello,
I am new member here from North Carolina. I have a TC Hawken that I purchased a few years ago right before the Covid madness. The serial number is in the 20 thousands so I guess it’s from the mid to late 70s. I haven’t shot it but I plan to really soon. The bore is in great shape…..probably never been shot. It looks almost new. It is set up to shoot musket caps. I fired off a couple of caps and they both went bang. Luckily I bought 1000 caps when I bought the rifle so at least I can use it for awhile. Looking forward to learning more about the sport. Take care!
welcome from north carolina. hope u enjoy it here. there are some very good people here in this forum and they have knowledge of these type of guns. and for the most part they will share their knowledge.but you will meet a very few of people in here not so friendly at times. enjoy yourself

There's a pile of us NC folks on here. Buck is practically the Grand Poobah in Fayetteville where we have our annual State tournament as well as an NMLRA Territorial. The Territorial is April 11th thru 14th, and the State Tournament is October 11th thru 13th.

Hope to see you there!

Latest posts

Back