• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

New Underhammer

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spud

40 Cal.
Reaction score
:grin: I got my underhammer It's a 32".36 cal. marked Hopkins & Allen arms #1586 on the top bbl.flat with the 3 set screw bbl retainer system.looking forward to shooting it to-morrow--spud

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: I'm wanting a .36 cal. myself to finish of my collection of barrels. :thumbsup:

FUN DAYS A COMEING SPUD now to collect barrels. GMWW do you have a rifled 62 yet ?? Fred :hatsoff: (waiting on John to get mine back to me.)

Not yet. I've gotten side tracked by his brass action.

I got a 72 barrel in a while back.It may be looking for a home soon. Have to pay for it first.

It's got deep slow twist.Very light, 1" across flats.
My wife got a job up north so I will be moving a little closer to you.

BOY thats what I need something else to beat me to death, I only fire the 12g once with a ball and that was it, not sure its made for Underhammer Lite's :rotf: well not as messed up as I am anyway. ask him about the BIG one!!! Fred :hatsoff:

OH YA!!! the 62/20 like yours with 1 1/2 shot and 80 grs 3f about knocked me over the other day trying for a wild cat thats eating everyones pet around here even my dog ( will fight anything has had trouble with him -he gets over the fence to fast for dog to do him in or hold him till I shoot) on the up side not one bad word from anyone around here about fireing off ML's at 3am :rotf: Fred :hatsoff:

I still got that 82 cal. Now that's a squirrel gun.Problem is it has a fast twist and would need a slug. Was thinking of making a flinter out of it but it might end up on a UH ( maybe with a lead stock)

YA thats it the guy down here made or had made 2 moulds one for 700 or so and a 850 or more one the 2 times I shot it the thing I hit building blocks and wood backer just went into dust, I give that one with 150grs of 2f a :shocked2: :shocked2: 3 shooker and a :rotf: I had to be nuts to shoot it twice and it was a Hawken I cant see it as a Uh thats much less weight, BUT maybe with low powder charge and made you could rerifle it so its real deep groves.. :hmm: would be killer on both ends. SOMEONE BUY IT NOW!!!! FRED :hatsoff:

The grooves are plenty deep but the twist is 1 in 25". This is off a machine gun and is way to hard to think of cutting new rifling. I only saw one made into a rifle about 15 years back, I didn't have the guts to shoot it. I have no problem making a mold for it. I made a hollow base wad cutter ( about 750 grains)for a 72 that I made over 30 years ago. Target looked like someone used a 3/4" gasket punch. Recoil wasn't bad with 15 grains of powder but when we upped it to 45 for a hunting load this pistol had a thump. My brother-in-law got a little black tail deer with it at about 10 yards. He said the deer did 2 flips in the air before it landed. Need both hands to hold it when shooting. I never went over 45 grains, was afraid the stock or me would not take the recoil.

And I thought it was rough shooting as a Hawken with 150 grs 2f and your useing it for a hand gun :shocked2: "Better man than I gunga den" :rotf: fred :hatsoff: the things weve done or are going to do :shake: .....

Just got some 10 gauge barrel stock in, you want one that isn't quites as big but will still do the job?

If I could still shoot it would be fun John,( you should have the sights today)I'll try that 62 rifle first, the one that took 150grs 2f was to much to play with, but the smooth rifle 62/20 has been one fun gun so I'm hopeing the 62 will do the job, I'll put a temp scope on it and try it out at 100yds. If it's sweet :grin: .... Fred :hatsoff:

Latest posts

Back