• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

new underhammer

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tom hargrove

45 Cal.
Reaction score
just thought id post a pic of my new underhammer a.36 with a 32" bbl thanks to all who helped me make up my mind on this ,think im going to like it now to find a smooth bore bbl for it :thumbsup:
100_0800.jpg

That should make a "dandy" small game shooter, Good Luck!

underhammers rule! nice looking rifle. if you don't like shooting it, let me know. i'm sure we could work something out. :hmm:

:bow: Hey that's a beauty---I built mine two years ago, also in .36. Nice wood working---I tiger striped mine and finished in a blond stain. Great shooter, pin hole accuracy---lots of luck with it. :hatsoff:

thanks guys ,you know ,this forum is the best thing ive ever ran accross i had two pages of info and expertise on the u/h questions /man it would have taken ,no telling how long to gather that much data by my self when i get to shoot it ill post some target pics ,thanks davy for rotateing and editing the pic for me makes it shows up a lot better,-tom :bow: :bow:

uhx2.jpg

Lets try & get a little better look at that wood! :thumbsup:

Davy

Welcome to the wonderful world of Underhammers! It's an addiction. Your going to soon want different calb. barrels to put on.

Speaking of which I just ordered a Green Mountain fast twist 32" barrel in .50 cal. Oh John Tayler you around?

:hatsoff:

What size smooth bore are you looking for? I got a few barrels that don't have those funny lines inside.

Well ya got one now you'll see one is never enough, I saw John has been up here he's a good guy to go to when ya need UH stuff done, Davy can fix any pic, and as you put it you can find more here than you can keep up with if ya ask, now wait till you shoot one of the bigger onesa 62/20 or 12, then it gets really fun.... :rotf: Fred :hatsoff: Really is great wood for one.

Hey, that's a beauty. Very pretty wood too. Looks like it'd have great balance. I hafta admit, I still find underhammers funny looking. Might hafta get one myself just to have something different. :)

So did ya' have to swap the Poorboy to get it or did you get it some other way? Nice looking rifle, you do have a way of making wood look nice. Maybe you'd care to share your "seceret" with some of the pards in the Building section. Now if they'd just start making some Underhammer flintlocks. :hmm:

TN.Frank said:
. Now if they'd just start making some Underhammer flintlocks. :hmm:

TN Frank,

Working on it!! Right now have an undehammer rifle< percussion >, using a brass box frame on the bench and also a Billinghurst inpired UH pistol,, that will be made as a flinter.. Also have a Flint UH rifle,, on the drawing board..

Just have to clear up a health issue,, that is keeping me from working at the bench..

Respect Always
Metalshaper

Sweet. An underhammer flinter seems like it'd be "the answer" to those who don't like that flash in their face. Also, since powder burns "up" an underhammer flinter should be even more reliable then a sidelock flinter. It seems like you could use something on the order of the Halls action but not make it a breech loader and just flip it over. Anyway, keep us posted on how it's coming. Sorry about the "Hi-Jack" but I couldn't help myself,LOL. :hmm:

TN Frank,

The Hall style of frizzen and feather spring, are part of what I was basing my efforts on. Although I have recently been in touch with Wade Ingram, and he was kind enough to send me pic's of his UH flinter pistol. I'm kind of re-tooling my design, to see if I can't make it look a bit cleaner and give it a "How'd he do that?" appearence :)

Respect Always
Metalshaper

i think for my first bbl i would go with a .54 or -58 smoothbore , icant belive how this little rifle handles and feels, ,it is a natural point it would have to be great as a shotgun, rabbit season is soon.

Two Bellys,

On the Mar/Dag H&A's ( our home built versions )
UH.jpg

we have added shotgun barrels, 14-15 gauge ( also Home built ) to these underhammer's which are fairly lightweight. Under a full turkey load,, they can be a handfull! something to keep in mind :hmm:

Respect Always
Metalshaper

Latest posts

Back