• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

new underhammer joins family

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

walruskid1

54 Cal.
Reaction score
found another underhammer to join my family. I was having a buggy rifle rebarreled to .50 cal to give to my son. the gunsmith told me he had something come in that i might be interested in. he shows me a h&a heavy barreled target rifle. its a model 71 .45 cal 1-1/8 barrel with no fore end and no ferruls for a ram rod. strictly a bench gun. i even got the original box. the only drawback is the tang sight is gone. why do they disappear? now i have two underhammers missing the tang sight, if anybody has one or two or knows where i can buy them i would be very happy. when my daughter shows me how i will post a picture of the target rifle and my other bp rifles. also have two rifles that need sighting in now, my son likes the feel of the .50 cal buggy rifle and is looking forward to shooting it. maybe today if things work out. range report to follow in the next couple of days.

My underhammers keep multiplying also.....hope the 50 is a good shooter and keep us posted on the 45.

what kind of rear sights do you have on your underhammers? traditional or peep sights. as my eyes get older the peep sights are easier to use. gotta factory tang sight you want to part with? kind of a personal question, but how many underhammers do you have and what are they. i have two .45 and a .50. i sold a heritage and a buggy rifle that i wish i still had.

Buggy-peep.jpg

This one of my home made ones, with a Merit Huner disc.

62peep.jpg

This one is on a 62 cal barrel, and is browned.

I also have a vernier from a TC Hawhen that I use one, just sort ot temorary. I will sight it in , then transfer it, and make on of my fixed rears.

that home made one extended back with the disc is awsome. ever think of making a few and selling them? one that fit in a 3/8 dovetail and positioned the sight at the front of the receiver would be just the ticket. i'll take the first three.

I have a new design in the works that has windage[rear sight]

Click on my [BS] and see the rest of my stuff at my site!

I'm still waiting for my first underhammer! I ordered it last December from a well known underhammer dealer with a promised shipping date of early last February. I'm about ready to send a note telling him to send my money back.

i'm sure that you will be happy with an underhammer. something special about the sleek lines and uninterupted sight picture. if anybody can help me find a factory tang sight, i sure would appreciate it. i'll buy you a beer.

Back