• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

New to the forum

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeb

36 Cal.
Reaction score
I have been looking for a forum like this for some time now, glad I found you guys. I am sure I'll have lots of questions for you. About nine months ago I bought a used 1853 Enfield from a CW re-enactor and it needed work. I took the whole gun down and cleaned and polished brass, stained and linseed oiled the stock and stripped the rust and blue from the barrel and bands, bought a new nipple I noticed he had drilled his out.Did alot of reading visited a rendezvous to ask question on shooting. What a gas I haven't shot smokeless since, I feel the hook going in!

:thumbsup: Welcome to the site Jeb.Enjoy the journey by taking a step backward into the world of black powder.Make much smoke.Griz

Welcome to the forum! You now have a pretty good idea of the way things are done to refinish your rifle.

Welcome to the MLF Jeb! Glad to hear the black powder bug has bitten and infected another one. Pull up a stump and contribute when you can.

jeb,
Welcome to the MLF! Hope you will visit and
contribute often! I am snake-eyes :hatsoff:

Back