• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

New to forum and needs rifle info

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blake1961

Pilgrim
Reaction score
Hello, I am new to this forum and to firearms in general. My main objective to being here is to find out as much as I can about a rifle I recently acquired. I can post photos as soon as I learn how and where. I got the rifle from an estate and was told it is a Kentucky flintlock. It has a maple stock and octagon shaped barrel. There is NOT a lot of hardware on it such as brass plates or fancy engravings. The only markings I can find, are the initials "JFP" in fancy cursive writing on the top of the barrel. This may not be the right category to tell all this but I had to start somewhere. If anyone needs more info or can tell me where to send pics, please post back. Thanks

let me be the first to congratulate you on finding this forum. I found it a while back and it has been nothing but spectacular. As for posting the pic...ummmm kinda new to that also...where well that is in the thread marked "PHOTOS"
Again welcome and enjoy all the free flowing knowledge and SOME free flowing nonsense...lol :blah: :master:

blake1961,
Welcome to the forum, we are glad to have you
on board. Lots of friendly folks and loads of information.
As to your question on your rifle you mite want to take
that to the "Flintlock" forum. I'm sure you will get more
information there than here. Contribute when you can and have fun.
again welcome and stay active
I am snake-eyes :hatsoff:

Welcome to the best muzzleloading site on the net, hope you enjoy yourself! :thumbsup: :hatsoff:

Welcome blake1961,

Come on down to the flintlock section and post the info and photos when you get a chance. There are so many knowlegable people here, there's a good chance you will get the answer you need, and maybe even want to stay a while too. :thumbsup:

Latest posts

Back