• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

New show Iron and Fire

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Out of morbid curiosity I stuck with watching the show, knowing if the channel was changed there would be a show that was actually worse. :idunno:

By the way, that is a good blog spot to check every few days. Lotsa nice hand made stuff gets shown on there. Sometimes, even my stuff.

Time to share what happened when I was at a "reality" show shoot.

There was a gun shop oriented show that featured a store near Denver, CO; the "owner" of the shop; his wife; a self-absorbed teenage daughter; and a son who played a minor role.

This shop was about 1 mile away from my home and I visited it now and again. I happened to be present during a shoot of an episode of the show. The shop "owner", who it seems wasn't really an owner because of some past felony convictions (that info was reported in a local paper when the ATF raided the shop, for what that's worth), had just made a statement on camera. He was surrounded by all the lights used for indoor shoots and there were directors and assistants all around. The directors didn't look happy about the first recording of his statement, so he repeated it exactly as before and that wasn't acceptable. He examined the script again and made a third attempt. That one was accepted.

But wait! This is a reality show. Reality shows are not supposed to be scripted! Yeh, right.

Then there was a staged conflict between two gunsmiths at the shop. There were heated exchanges and anger shown as they postured for leadership of the repair shop. After the big, verbal "fight," the two fellows left for lunch together laughing as if they were best buddies.

You can probably detect how much reality I think is in these types of shows.
Ron

I saw AGs. They took an oxygen tank, cut the end off and put some old steel farm implement wheels on it and called it a cannon. Made it for a customer and charged him something like $6000.

That's the last one I watched. I think reality shows exaggerate the prices to sell themselves rather than what they make. "As seen on TV" has a price all out of reality regarding the intrinsic worth.

I believe that ALL "reality" shows are scripted. They are for entertainment only and if someone watches them thinking they will get an education in anything is just fooling themselves. That is why they don't focus on one individual or one task and often have a cast of "characters" who are there to entertain the TV watchers.

Back