• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I am Doug from the UP. of Michigan, I started shooting muzzleloaders in lower Mi with the Lancing muzzle loading gun club on 1967. I moved to the U.P in 1973. I hunted a few years with my .50 cal, but with no clubs by , with work and kids growing up I drifted more to conventional firearms. I now have a grandson and plan to introduce him to black powder. (Away from those things with all the buttons kids play with.)

Welcome to the Forum, Doug. :hatsoff:

And good on you for introducing your grandson to muzzleloading and black powder.

Anything you need to know about the subject, there are plenty of folks on here who can help you out.

Richard/Grumpa

Doug, Welcome to our forum my friend! We are truly honored to have ya as a member. Back when I was in the service, I went to the Upper with my buddy who was from there. If I'm not mistaken, the name of the town was White Pines? Does that sound familiar to you? Anyway, Let me take this opportunity to tell you a little bit about our forum and its members.

This forum is the very best when it comes to Traditional Muzzleloader's and BP shooting! All the other aspects that go along with it are covered as well.

You'll find like minded folks as yourself here. The majority of our members have decades of knowledge and experience. They would be more than happy to answer any questions that you may have. We would also love to hear what you might want to share with us as well!

Our forum is a very friendly and lively place. New topics are being created on a daily basis. Something new for you to checkout all the time!

I can guarantee that you will learn something new each and every time you visit this forum. Personally, I learned more in just one year than all the others combined. You will too!

Happy to hear that you want to get your Grandson into shooting Traditional Muzzleloaders. I too am waiting for my Grandson to get just a little older. He's three years old.

Again, We're honored to have ya amongst our ranks and we look forward to hearing more from you in the very near future.

Welcome aboard my friend!

Respectfully, Cowboy :hatsoff:

Hi cowboy Thanks for the welcome. Yes I know about White Pine. It's in the western UP. The UP muzzleloader club is in that area. I plan join them when I get home. I winter in Alabama ,so I will try to make some of there summer shoots. I am looking forward getting back into black powder as I really enjoyed the time I was in the Lansing Muzzle Loading gun club thanks again Doug Smith

Back