• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

New member from Uppland, Sweden.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lidsman

32 Cal
Reaction score
Greetings,
I'm a new member living in Uppland, Sweden, and I'm interested in history, Black-powder shooting, historical fencing among many (to many accord to my wife) expensive hobbies. I'm a High school/Upper secondary school teacher in history and civics.
Regards,
Ulf Lidsman

Welcome from NE Wisconsin (Packer country to US football fans).

Your Swedish Mausers are also hellova rifles. I've got a Carl Gustav and a Husqvarna. They sure knew how to make steel in those days. Bolts in the white still bright and shiny.

Welcome from a relative! Well, sorta. My father's ancestors came from southern Norway/Sweden around 850AD and settled in SE Ireland, so the link is tenuous, to say the least. However, it is indisputably there, as you can see from a photo of my dad - almost 2m tall, blonde and blue-eyed, and similar in appearance to the late, great Jussi Bjoerling

1687036419291.png

I've got a 1898 three-digit m/96, too. :)

Last edited:
Welcome from NE Wisconsin (Packer country to US football fans).

Your Swedish Mausers are also hellova rifles. I've got a Carl Gustav and a Husqvarna. They sure knew how to make steel in those days. Bolts in the white still bright and shiny.

Here's mine! A Model 46 in 9,3x57 made in 1936 and still going strong! You can buy these for about $100-200 in Sweden.

Husqvarna 46

Welcome from a relative! Well, sorta. My father's ancestors came from southern Norway/Sweden around 850AD and settled in SE Ireland, so the link is tenuous, to say the least. However, it is indisputably there, as you can see from a photo of my dad - almost 2m tall, blonde and blue-eyed, and similar in appearance to the late, great Jussi Bjoerling

View attachment 228999

I've got a 1898 three-digit m/96, too. :)
Your dad really looks Scandinavian! During the 19th century about a million Swedes (25% of the population) left Sweden for a better life in America so there is a lot of Viking blood in the US.

Your dad really looks Scandinavian! During the 19th century about a million Swedes (25% of the population) left Sweden for a better life in America so there is a lot of Viking blood in the US.

My dad only left Ireland to go to England - never left it again, except to go back to Ireland. :)

Back